The new September 2014 issue is in the shops from Friday 22nd August
You can preview the contents pages from the new issue of Popular Patchwork here, Popular Patchwork September 2014.
Our sassy September issue is in the shops from 22nd August, bringing you a whole 100 pages full of new ideas and inspirations, nine lovely projects and all the latest quilting news and reviews
This September we’ve really pulled out the stops to bring you some fantastic projects to get your teeth into.
- Hang on to summer sorbet colours with Mandy Munroe’s Modern Fence quilt
- Sarah Sparkes offers her take on making your house chic with her cosy cushion Country Cottage
- Wendy Sheppard steps into the charms of folk art with her wall hanging A Mother’s Love
- The first of our part-works starting this issue is Almost Amish by Davina Thomas
- Sarah Williamson shares a child’s quilt in her pieced and appliquéd A Train for Owen
- The retro-modern Loop-The-Loop quilt from Nel Whatmore for Sizzix is a perfect make for pretty fabrics and striking die-cutting techniques.
- Lynne Edwards MBE delights with her appliquéd Seaside Star quilt.
- Our second part-work project starting this month, Regan Purcell brings us an unusual and beautiful Sampler quilt.
- Our final quilt project is Modern Log Cabin: the AGF teams up with Chris Warnick to present a beautiful modern take on a traditional design which showcases some of their latest fabrics
Within our features pages,
- Take a look at the latest online picks in Quiltzone.
- Gillian Cooper tells us about the last ever Loch Lomond Quilt Show, with special attention to the Chinese Whispers project.
- Anne Williams reports back from two of the year’s big events for stitchers and quilters: The Spring Knitting & Stitching Show and Quilts UK Malvern.
- In From the forum we find out more about a couple of fascinating projects from the members of the Popular Patchwork Forum.
- In Scrap attack!, Stuart Hillard makes a Goldfish bowl quilt block
- In part five of her series of handy hints Dawn Cameron-Dick advises us on Choosing a New Sewing Machine.
There are a fantastic range of prizes and giveaways in this issue. Don't forget to check the 'What's New' pages for our prize draws and special offers.
You'll never miss an issue as a subscriber, and you can save money off the cover price of each issue. This month can treat yourself to a free Creative Grids Non-Slip Hexagon Trim Tool with a new subscription. A subscription to Popular Patchwork magazine also gives you access to exclusive competitions and content here on the website. Why not visit our Subscriptions page today?