The new November 2014 issue is in the shops from Friday 17th October
You can preview the contents pages from the new issue of Popular Patchwork here, Popular Patchwork November 2014.
Our great new November issue is in the shops from 17th October. Grab a copy and get a head start on a couple of festive projects, continue with some autumn sewing and catch up with all the latest quilting news and reviews.
- Lesley Coles carries her shopping in style this season with Autumn Shopper
- Washi Quilt, have fun with a bright, bold taste of the orient with this modern quilt by Kerry Wilkinson.
- Sally Ablett shows us how to create a Scandinavian table setting, Noel Place Setting, with fabric from Lewis & Irene
- Ice Diamonds, become an ice queen with this frosty star quilt, this month's cover project by Angela Southey for Sizzix
- Tackle raw edge appliqué and a modern tree design with our Christmas Forest table runner by Debbie von Grabler-Crozier
- If you’re looking for a challenge this winter, look no further than this Downton Abbey Winding Rose paper-pieced hexagon quilt by Paper Pieces for Makower
- Scrambled Squares, Chris Franses uses pre-cuts in candy shades to make this modern quick make
- Don't miss Part Three of Regan Purcell's unusual and beautiful Sampler quilt. This month Regan shows us how to make four more blocks: Bargello, Crazy patchwork hearts, Hawaiian appliqué and paper-pieced hexagons
Within our features pages,
- Take a look at the latest online picks in Quiltzone.
- Gillian Cooper meets quilting legend Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry
- Katharine Guerrier visits the Summer Exhibition at The Minerva Centre, Llanidloes
- Anne Williams tells us about the 1718 Silk Patchwork Coverlet, the Quilters' Guild owned iconic British coverlet, and how you can make your own replica version using Oakshott fabrics
- In Scrap attack!, Stuart Hillard shows us how to make a Birds Fly South block and quilt
from your scrap pile
- In part seven of her series of handy hints, Dawn Cameron-Dick looks at sewing machine feet.
There are a fantastic range of prizes and giveaways in this issue, with prizes worth £700, including a great Fabric Freedom competition. Don't forget to check the 'What's New' pages for our prize draws and special offers.
You'll never miss an issue as a subscriber, and you can save money off the cover price of each issue. This month you can treat yourself to a free Jelly Roll Quilts book and Madeira threads with a new subscription. A subscription to Popular Patchwork magazine also gives you access to exclusive competitions and content here on the website. Why not visit our Subscriptions page today?