The new May issue of Popular Patchwork will be in the shops on Friday 8th April
This month, our Editor, Liz decided to choose a variety of projects and features that take inspiration from flowers, and we hope you are as inspired by them as we are.
- Try out some new techniques in a small sketchbook quilt, with Mandy Munroe's Duck Egg Blues
- Fiona Hesford shows you how to make a lovely Pretty Plant Pot
- Brenda Dean's stylish 1,2,3 Go Cushions are the perfect accent to a decor, and are easier to make than they look
- Floral fabrics + easy template + relaxing sewing = one gorgeous Floral Tumblers quilt!
- Mandy Munroe creates a bold statement with a spring inspired Fabulous Flowers quilt
- Suzanne Fisher's Scrappy Baltimore is a modern interpretation of a traditional Baltimore quilt
- Sadie Yeoman’s Mon Ami Picnic Throw is the perfect make to take along on days out over the summer
- Express yourself with Stitch-And-Flip quilt, utilising a versatile technique of piecing a block, an adapted extract from Quilting Basics by Michael Caputo
- Get Creative with Fiona Hesford and learn how to take the colouring in craze onto fabric
Our regular features and articles this month include
- Elizabeth Betts takes a look behind the scenes at the John James factory in Redditch and discovers how needles are made
- Sarah Williamson explains her role in making a copy of the Brontë quilt as part of the exhibition A Celebration of Charlotte Brontë in Quilts
- Read our handy guide to the interfacings most commonly used by quilters
- Sara Cook meets the textile artist Alice Fox
- Anne Williams considers the possible health benefits of quilting as a hobby
- In Stuart's Surgery, Stuart answers a readers query about becoming a magazine contributor
- Anne Williams investigates the life of Averil Colby, one of the most influential quiltmakers of her time
- Make quilting easy with the step-by-step guide to Quilt As You Go
- Suzanne Fisher shows you how to finish a quilt with no binding
- Elizabeth Betts takes us on a tour of Chichester
Don't miss our prizes and giveaways in this issue, including a discount code to use at the Quilters Guild Q Shop, Kaffe Fassett mugs and the fantastic Janome sewing machines in our Sketchbook quilts competition.
You'll never miss an issue as a subscriber, and you can save money off the cover price of each issue. A subscription to Popular Patchwork magazine also gives you access to exclusive competitions and content here on the website. Why not visit our Subscriptions page today?