The new March issue of Popular Patchwork will be in the shops on Friday 12th February
Our new March issue is in the shops from 12th February. This month we're thinking about music and how it can both inspire and motivate quilters at work.
- Our cover features Mandy Munroe's elegant Blanket Stitch Quilt, which uses subtle-coloured shot solid fabrics in a design that mimics a blanket stitch pattern
- Inside, Elizabeth Betts creates a sketchbook quilt, inspired by the theme 'My Favourite Colour'
- Springtime Blooms is a lovely vintage-inspired Dresden quilt, designed and made by Lynne Goldsworthy
- Judith Hollies' Quilt-As-You-Go shopper project is great for using up leftover scraps and strips
- Spring is in the air with Spring Greens, a fresh take on flying geese also by Judith Hollies
- Gillian Cooper shows how to add a batik-like pattern to your fabric using a flour paste resist
- Record Label linen placemats and coasters from Fiona Hesford will add a fun note to your table setting
- Welcome in the new season with some mini Spring block bunting from Ruth Lazarus
- Carry on with our Seasonal Sampler, the second part of our three-part project to make Janet Goddard’s fresh and fun sampler quilt
Within our features pages,
- Find out about our exciting new Sketchbook quilt competition!
- We meet the US based artist Ben Venom and find out how music influences his work
- Mandy Munroe pays a visit to Cloud 9 in their offices in New Jersey, USA
- We talk to Lucy Harford, a London based textile designer
- Kerry Foster takes a look at quilting podcasts
- In Stuart's Surgery, Stuart advises a reader on machine quilting
- It is always a pleasure to chat to Ricky Tims, Mandy Munroe chats to him about how his early career as a musician has inspired his quilts
- Suzanne Fisher shows you how to add a ruffle to your quilt
- Debbie von Grabler-Crozier takes us on a tour of Norwich
There are prizes and giveaways in this issue, with prizes worth over £2000, including Cloud 9 fabric and Janome sewing machines in our Sketchbook quilts competition.
You'll never miss an issue as a subscriber, and you can save money off the cover price of each issue. This month you can treat yourself to a free 50 Fat Quarter Makes Book with a new subscription. A subscription to Popular Patchwork magazine also gives you access to exclusive competitions and content here on the website. Why not visit our Subscriptions page today?