The new January issue of Popular Patchwork will be in the shops on Friday 11th December
Our new January issue is in the shops from 11th December. We want to make 2016 your best quilting year yet, so have a look at what Popular Patchwork has to offer in the New Year.
- Our cover features Interstella, by Mandy Munroe, graded rainbow colours create a striking quilt that will bring a fresh look to any decor
- Bring your sewing shelves to life on the wall with a lovely Quilter's Wallhanging by Jo Avery
- Janet Goddard uses bold geometric prints to create a modern swirly stars throw
- The Economy Patch patchwork block has been used in Debbie von Grabler-Crozier's Nest Warmth lap rug, and will keep you snuggly warm in cold weather
- Village Fabrics take inspiration from American Civil War reproduction fabrics to create a Three Block Wall Hanging with a vintage feel
- Kerry Foster’s bright Block Cosy case will help you keep your blocks safe
- Snuggle up this winter with Debbie von Grabler-Crozier’s cosy felt and floral fabric Nordic Stag cushion
- Judith Hollies shows you how to make a custom fit cover to protect your sewing machine in style
- Sara Cook shows how easy it is to use transfer dyes to print on fabric, then uses the technique to create a paper cut mini quilt
- Modern prints to give a fresh look to a Welsh-style medallion quilt designed by Suzanne Fisher, part 3 of 3
Within our features pages,
- Anita Watson-Jackson shares her tips to create a happy and organized sewing space
- We pick out our top 10 buys to add to your sewing room
- Gillian Cooper chats with Jana Sterbova, a Czech quilter
- Suzanne Fisher looks at using the back of the quilt to create a binding
- Mandy Munroe visits the Dear Stella offices in NYC to find out about their fabric designs and inspiration
- Editor Elizabeth Betts looks at the textile collection of this gem a museum based in Manchester
- We meet Jude Kingshott, the studio manager at Committed to Cloth
- Stuart answers a letter from a reader asking about different waddings
- Web editor Katy Purvis takes us on a tour of Warrington
There are a fantastic range of prizes and giveaways in this issue, with prizes worth over £200, don't forget to check the 'What's New' pages for our prize draws and special offers.
You'll never miss an issue as a subscriber, and you can save money off the cover price of each issue. This month you can treat yourself to free Quilters Desk Diary and Thread Set with a new subscription. A subscription to Popular Patchwork magazine also gives you access to exclusive competitions and content here on the website. Why not visit our Subscriptions page today?