The new February issue of Popular Patchwork will be in the shops on Friday 15th January
Our new February issue is in the shops from 15th January. This month we're looking at projects from the heart, quilting for friends, family and charity.
- Our cover features Danish Heart Tote, a pretty and practical make from Debbie von Grabler-Crozier
- Give your home a pop of colour with Hounds-tooth cushions designed by Marian Turner
- Judith Hollies cushion uses the traditional Cathedral Window block to make a Through The Windows cushion that is perfect for spring
- Playful fabric has provided inspiration for a cute Flo's Friends quilt designed and made by Lynne Goldsworthy for The Henley Studio, MakowerUK
- Bold piecing and textured fabrics have been used by Judith Hollies to create a warming winter quilt in Suited and Booted
- Gillian Cooper teaches an easy and inexpensive way to transform your fabric and uses stenciled fabric to create a set of stitched bookmarks
- Show off a feature print with an eye catching Silver Lining quilt from Mandy Munroe
- Lesley Coles shares her technique for turning pictures into applique
- Get started on Seasonal Sampler, with the first part of our three-part project to make Janet Goddard’s fresh and fun sampler quilt
Within our features pages,
- Gillian Cooper reports back on Pauline Burbidge’s new exhibition at the Bowes Museum
- Kerry Foster takes a look some charity quilt initiatives
- Two stitchers share their sewing passions
- We talk to Louise Gomez, who runs a scissor sharpening business in Essex
- Anne Williams takes a look at signature quilts
- Perfection is the theme in Stuart's Surgery this month, with Stuart advising a reader on
- Our Editor, Elizabeth Betts quizzes Stuart about his life before and after The Great British Sewing Bee
- Suzanne Fisher looks at bias binding
- Sarah Williamson takes us on a tour of Sheffield
There are more prizes and giveaways in this issue, with prizes worth over £500, including a great Fabric Freedom competition. Don't forget to check the 'What's New' pages for our prize draws and special offers.
You'll never miss an issue as a subscriber, and you can save money off the cover price of each issue. This month you can treat yourself to free Fabric Freedom Stripper Roll with a new subscription. A subscription to Popular Patchwork magazine also gives you access to exclusive competitions and content here on the website. Why not visit our Subscriptions page today?