The new December issue of Popular Patchwork will be in the shops on Friday 13th November
Our new December issue is in the shops from 13th November. That gives you a great head start on some lovely Christmas projects and leaves you with plenty of time for wrapping and relaxing later in the month!
- Our cover features Cosy Christmas Cabin Quilt designed by Judith Hollies, made by our editor Elizabeth Betts and long arm quilted by Carolyn Clark. This quilt is a bright, bold festive take on our favourite traditional block.
- Judith also designed the wonderful Popper the Penguin foundation pieced cushion in this issue.
- Try Kerry Foster’s sumptuous Chandelier quilt and play with metallic fabrics for a bit of sparkle
- Send a personal message this season with simple stitched Patchwork Cards
- While away winter evenings waiting for Santa with a special game of Festive Noughts and Crosses, designed by Debbie von Grabler-Crozier
- Join Sara Cook as she takes inspiration from the East with her sheer patchwork Bojagi Covering Cloth project
- Have a go at Fiona Hesford's easy to make Christmas Stocking, perfect for little Christmas treats
- Get messy with regular contributor Gillian Cooper, as she shows how to use thickened dye to paint cloth, then uses her fabric to make a set of easy coasters
- Try modern prints to give a fresh look to a Welsh-style medallion quilt designed by Suzanne Fisher,
part 2 of 3
- Give your table a fast makeover with this speedy Hexagon Table Topper and pot holder project from Sarah Sparkes
- Surprise a friend with Anita Watson-Jackson’s bright and practical applique wash bag, this would make a perfect gift
Within our features pages,
- This month we meet Jessica from Fabric Freedom, and Tanja who sells vintage threads through
her company Linladan
- Suzanne Fisher looks at adding a flange to your binding
- Lorna Slessor takes a look at sewing and gift ideas for the festive season
- Stuart answers a letter from a reader with a sewing machine query
- Gillian Cooper reports back on this European Patchwork Meeting, and shares her experience of taking part as an exhibitor
- Editor Elizabeth Betts reviews the new exhibition at the Fashion and Textile Museum in London
- Judith Hollies takes us on a tour of Belfast
There are a fantastic range of prizes and giveaways in this issue, with prizes worth over £300, don't forget to check the 'What's New' pages for our prize draws and special offers.
You'll never miss an issue as a subscriber, and you can save money off the cover price of each issue. This month you can treat yourself to free Quilters Desk Diary and Thread Set with a new subscription. A subscription to Popular Patchwork magazine also gives you access to exclusive competitions and content here on the website. Why not visit our Subscriptions page today?