The new December 2014 issue is in the shops from Friday 15th November
You can preview the contents pages from the new issue of Popular Patchwork here, Popular Patchwork December 2014.
Our great new December issue is in the shops from 15th November. There's loads of lovely Christmassy quilting this month, a free wall planner and of course you can catch up with all the latest quilting news and reviews.
- Sadie Yeomans creates festive coffee table joy with her Nordic-inspired table runner, Land of Joy
- Candles on the Tree by Sarah Williamson is a bright and cheery wall hanging in traditional Christmas colours, and sure to liven up any living room
- Mandy Munroe shows us an alternative winter celebration style with a modern Christmas tree quilt, Winter Wonderland
- Make all the preparations for a cool Yule with our cover project, Little Christmas Tree Quilt. This one combines appliqué and piecing, and was designed by Hilary Gooding for Makower UK
- Showcase beautiful batiks in Christmas Wreath Table Runner, pieced and appliquéd by Wendy Sheppard
- Wendy Sheppard's second project this month is a folksy statement star-pieced quilt, Yuletide Snowflake, made using Lynnette Anderson’s Starry Night fabrics
- Modern fabrics and a festive flower make Debbie von Grabler-Crozier's simple Poinsettia Christmas Stocking a hit for Christmas Eve
- Don't miss the final part of Regan Purcell's unusual and beautiful Sampler quilt. This month Regan shows us how to make four more blocks: Celtic Heart, Bow Tie, Chenille Heart and Seminole Patchwork, and tells you how to finish your quilt
Within our features pages,
- Anne Williams visits a country home with a proud literary and quilting history and finds out more about Lucy Boston
- Quilters Take Manhattan: The biggest event in the Quilt Alliance’s calendar was a hit this year. Mandy Munroe reports back
- Alicia Merrett talks us through a hand-picked selection of her art quilts
- In Scrap attack!, Stuart Hillard shows us how to make a festive star block and quilt
from your scrap pile
- In part eight of her series of handy hints, Dawn Cameron-Dick looks at wadding
There are a fantastic range of prizes and giveaways in this issue, with prizes worth £500. Don't forget to check the 'What's New' pages for our prize draws and special offers.
You'll never miss an issue as a subscriber, and you can save money off the cover price of each issue. This month you can treat yourself to a free Creative Grids Non-Slip Hexagon Trim Tool with a new subscription. A subscription to Popular Patchwork magazine also gives you access to exclusive competitions and content here on the website. Why not visit our Subscriptions page today?