The 2015 Bag Special issue is in the shops from Friday 1st May
Our fabulous new Bag Special issue is in the shops from 1st May. We hope you have a great bank holiday weekend and find time to take a quick look at the projects we're bringing you this month...
- Our cover features Stuart Hillard's Sewing Caddy. Keep all your sewing accoutrements
tidy with this charming tote
- Try Four-by-Four, a drawstring handbag, and an ideal make for upcycling old jeans and using leftover scraps by Anne Williams
- Spring Meadow is a pretty practical patchwork bag featuring a front flap made from woven strips of fabric by Sadie Yeomans and Sara Jaskiewicz
- So fun and easy you’ll make one for
all your friends! Caterpillar Bag, an adapted extract from A Year in Crafts by Clare Youngs
- Dancing Daisies Duo, a roomy tote, by Shirley
Bloomfield, with its bright and easy daisy applique and a matching purse are perfect companions for summer shopping trips
- Katharine Guerrier show us how foundation piecing on a pocket can create a fabulous fabric focus in Zig Zag Pocket Tote
- A large-scale print adds impact to Girls About Town, a stylish shoulder bag by Sadie Yeomans
- Brenda Dean makes Simply Seventeen, a completely unique and fully reversible bag from charm squares
- Helen Angharad Henley makes reading fun with this useful Library Book Bag. An adapted extract from 30 Totes and Bags to Sew
Within our features pages,
- Anne Williams visits a veritable treasure trove, Warner Textile Archive, and discovers a rich textile history
- Samantha Hussey shows us what’s what with bag hardware
- Carolyn Forster shares her creations with our sub-editor, Barnaby Neale
- In Scrap attack!, Stuart Hillard shows us how to dig deep into your scrap pile and make perfect panel to jazz up a simple tote
There are a fantastic range of prizes and giveaways in this issue, with prizes worth £500. Don't forget to check the 'What's New' pages for our prize draws and special offers.
You'll never miss an issue as a subscriber, and you can save money off the cover price of each issue. This month you can treat yourself to a Free Antex Mini Iron Master with a new subscription. A subscription to Popular Patchwork magazine also gives you access to exclusive competitions and content here on the website. Why not visit our Subscriptions page today?