Our new August issue will be in the shops on Friday 22nd July
For many quilters, August is time for Festival of Quilts, one of the patchwork highlights of the year. Our latest issue is packed with a selection of features about Quilt Shows, which we're sure you will enjoy. Those who may not be visiting NEC this summer will be able to get a taste from our preview this issue, as well as our round up next month.
- Our cover quilt for August is Marian Turner's stylish and modern Disappearing Nine Patch, made with a Charm Pack and three other fabrics
- Inspired by vintage maps, the Map Quilt wall hanging by Fiona Hesford can be personalised to create a unique gift
- Gillian Cooper’s simply pieced African Odyssey quilt has a strong impact due to the vibrant fabric choices
- Mandy Munroe’s Colours of the World quilt project combines solids and prints to make a colourful throw
- Anna Simmonds shows how to stitch a prize-winning look with quick-and-easy Rosettes
- Enjoy summer days and eating out with this fun Bobble Picnic Blanket with a waterproof backing designed by Judith Hollies
- With no seams to match the Loose Change miniquilt from Brenda Dean is an ideal make for beginners
- Play with colour and pattern with Part One of our advanced asymmetric medallion quilt, Festival of Borders, from Regan Purcell
Our regular features and articles this month include
- Kerry Foster reports back from the Festival of Quilts in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- We talk to Anna Baptiste, the event director of The Festival of Quilts
- In Stuart's Surgery, Stuart shares his advice for visiting quilt shows
- Anne Williams takes a look at the world of quilt judging
- Anita Watson-Jackson talks to Jamie Malden about how a visit to wooden block makers in
Jaipur inspired her company, Colouricious
- Come on a whirlwind tour to find out more about a few of the many quilt guilds across the world
- Discover how to create fun fabric designs just by using the contents of your fridge
- Suzanne Fisher looks at making a feature of your binding by using a decorative stitch
- Tina Francis takes us on a visual tour of Birmingham in Let's Visit
There's a great Fabric Freedom giveaway in this issue, with £400 worth of watercolour floral fabric to be won.
You'll never miss an issue as a subscriber, and you can save money off the cover price of each issue. A subscription to Popular Patchwork magazine also gives you access to exclusive competitions and content here on the website. Why not visit our Subscriptions page today?