The new August issue of Popular Patchwork will be in the shops on Friday 24th July
Our new August issue is in the shops from 24th July. Seaside scenes, strawberries and sugar tones make the season special...
- Our cover features Blend Bar by Mandy Munroe, who used inspiration from Moorish architecture and Blend fabrics for a simple-to-make contemporary quilt
- Lynne Goldsworthy uses Makower UK’s 50s inspired fabrics and a simple pattern to create a contemporary pastel offering, Sophia
- Wendy Gardiner makes the ideal make-up bag for your holidays in Quilted Cosmetic Bag, an extract from her latest book Fun With Fat Quarters
- Doll Quilt and Pillow is a super-sweet ensemble from last month’s featured designer, Jessica Alexandrakis, an extract from her latest book The Complete Quilter
- Kerry Foster makes the perfect Pascale Beach Tote to carry your towel to the beach
- Bring a bit of the seaside home with our Lighthouse by the Sea wall hanging by Debbie von Grabler-Crozier
- Simple candy colours and applique hearts make up a sweet Heart of hearts cushion by Sarah Sparkes
Within our features pages,
- Anne Williams visit’s the 2015 Welsh Quilt Party exhibition at the Welsh Quilt Centre
- Amy Fox explores the work of two authors writing about the inspiration that can be found in our everyday lives with the people we love
- Ruth Parker shares her creations with our sub-editor, Barnaby Neale
- Jane Rae visits Kaffe Fassett’s latest exhibition, Ancestral Gifts, at the Quilt Museum, York
- In Scrap attack!, Stuart Hillard shows us how to make a sparkling stars block and Sparkling Pink Lemonade quilt
There are a fantastic range of prizes and giveaways in this issue, with prizes worth £1700, including a Brother Innov-is NV1800Q sewing machine. Don't forget to check the 'What's New' pages for our prize draws and special offers.
You'll never miss an issue as a subscriber, and you can save money off the cover price of each issue. This month you can treat yourself to free goody bag worth £30 with a new subscription. A subscription to Popular Patchwork magazine also gives you access to exclusive competitions and content here on the website. Why not visit our Subscriptions page today?