By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Lend with care

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld30/06/2014 16:05:59
5882 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Hi All, we have had another repayment so "our" total is now £6.48!!

Here is another sewer looking for a loan.........

Kousar Shoaib is 41 and married with two sons and one daughter. She lives with her family in an area called Badami Bagh, which is in the city of Lahore. All of her children are in school and their school fees are 2,000 rupees per month. She wants to provide them with a good education and wants to see them as educated persons. Kousar and her husband both work as tailors from home. They make made to measure clothing as well as offering repairs and alterations and earn around 18,000 rupees (around £110) per month in total. Initially she was working with a manual sewing machine which was time consuming and required a lot of energy. She has one jockey (electric) machine and wants to buy another so she and her husband both can work and sew more clothes. She has requested a loan which she will pay in 17 installments. She will buy jockey (electric) machine, cloth and sewing supplements.

If you'd like to help get in touch!!

Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld01/07/2014 14:38:08
5882 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Kousar is now fully funded but here is another request.....

Musarrat Bibi is very energetic lady from ‘Datanagr’ an area of Lahore. She is 41 years old and married with six daughters – five of her daughters are enrolled at school while one daughter has completed her basic studies. Her husband is a hairdresser and earns about 8,000 rupees (about $82) per month. Her husband has some psychological issues and she has to spend some money on his medical treatment every month. Musarrat is a seamstress. She is currently working according to contracts she receives from shopkeepers to embroidery ladies clothes. She reckons that she also earns around 8,000 profit per month. She visits different markets with samples and obtains the orders. She is working very hard and wants to provide her daughters with the opportunity to continue onto higher education. She is always looking for business expansion opportunities. Nasreen applied for a loan, repayable in 15 installments, to buy cloth in bulk. This will help her to meet orders and she obtains a discount when buying larger quantities.

I am not expecting you to support everyone I mention but I know new people join and see the messages everyday!!

best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld02/07/2014 13:35:36
5882 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Mussarat is now fully funded! BUT....... here is another request!

Batom is a young woman of 28 years. She is married and the mother of a little child of seven years. She lives in the district of Agoe in the capital of Togo, Lomé. She runs a haberdashery to support her family. She sells buttons, fabrics, poplin and zips.
Batom conducts her business at home. She has a workshop where she operates as a seamstress and haberdashery seller. She is requesting a loan which she expects to repay in 12 monthly installments. She is planning to buy 100 meters of poplin ,20 bags of buttons (every bag contains up to 1 000 buttons) and 2 boxes of zips.
Batom hopes that with this loan, she can stock up on dry goods in the future and open a larger store and provide a better life for her child.

Best Rosemary

Kay A02/07/2014 18:40:30
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

Just trying to imagine 20,000 buttons. You know how you see in films when people get rich & they cover a bed in notes & lie on it, I think I'd have to do that with all those buttons!

Katy07/07/2014 14:02:34
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Me too Kay, 20,000 buttons is a lot!

rosemary Rosenfeld12/07/2014 13:29:47
5882 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Hi All, I am posting this on several threads because I don’t want anybody to miss it!

As you know I am raffling my “4 Seasons” quilt to raise funds for our local Opportunities playgroup. Thank you to those who have already joined in!! The question is “How long did it take me to make this quilt?” and it is £1.00 a go! The times go from 49 hours to 61 hours in 5 min intervals

You may have also seen my “jelly-roll slam “ quilt. That is also being raffled ….. this time to raise money for “Lend with care” and that is a straight raffle…. Again £1.00 a go!

I am sorry to be doing 2 at the same time but I don’t have any more opportunities!!

Send me a pm if you’d like to try to win either quilt!

Many thanks

Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld14/07/2014 14:22:07
5882 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Here is my completed jelly-roll quilt.....

dsc03250.jpg

I have also just made another loan , partly from repayments and the rest from what was in the account!

"Mercy is 60 years old. She has two grown up children. Mercy is clothes and fabric seller. She lives in the neighborhood of Sagbado in the city of Lome. Mercy launched 20 years ago, her own business where she sells in particular,fabrics, clothes and shoes for women. Mercy
travels three times in a year to Senegal and Mali where she buys her articles. Her customers come to her house to buy the articles and sometimes, she operates like an itinerant trader. She is requesting a loan in order to increase her stock and extend her activity by buying 1000 yards of fabrics and 30 boxes of shoes. She aims to repay the loan over 12 months. Mercy hopes that she will expand her business and better improve the life of her family. "

I hope you approve!

Best Rosemary

Carol B14/07/2014 22:15:34
3003 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

roseFull approval from me Rosemary. You are certainly do a good job finding people with a sewing link to support

Carol B

Katy15/07/2014 12:15:27
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

We certainly approve Rosemary! And anyone wanting to buy 1000 yds of fabric must be supported! Your jelly roll quilt looks great too, I hope I win it, those colours are perfect for me!

rosemary Rosenfeld17/07/2014 15:00:08
5882 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Hi All! So far I have £30.00 shared between both quilt raffles! Thank you!

Best Rosemary

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues