By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Lend with care

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld01/05/2018 08:18:55
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Hi Everyone....I am sorry.....I hadn't realised just how long it is since I last posted on this thread. I have just made 2 more loans with "our" repayments and 4 more loans have been completely repaid..

"Our" account is ticking over nicely....we are getting enough repayments to make 1 or 2 loans each month....but that has been gradually decreasing....it would be nice to give it a boost of some sort soon......I'll have a think about it and get back to you!

Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld19/05/2018 16:15:34
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

buttons.jpg

Hi Everyone......I have been trying to keep you all up to date with "our" Lend with Care account. It is going really well.....repayments are being made and I am making new loans whenever I can. But over time the balance reduces slightly.......you know from your holiday exchanges......you tend to loose a bit every time you change currencies. Therefore I am hoping some of you might like to make a small donation .....made through paypal to

patchworkro@yahoo.co.uk

in order to boost the account and in exchange I will happily send (post free) you either a "quilting " charm or a selection of the wooden sewing charms as shown above......you may select the ones you'd like or have a mixture......just send me a pm to let me know!

many thanks, Rosemary

Jayne22/05/2018 13:42:01
675 forum posts
118 photos

Rosemary and all.

I was lucky enough to win two tickets to the Crafting Live show on the 1st and 2nd June, but it's in EDINBURGH, the cost of getting there far outweighs the value of the tickets.

If anyone would like the tickets for a small donation to Lend with Care at Rosemary's paypal address above, I will gladly forward the tickets (email) for you to enjoy the day.

The offer is 2 Adult tickets total value £15.

Jayne x

rosemary Rosenfeld02/07/2018 12:18:02
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Well.....a new month and more loans have been made! And 2 more loans have been completely repaid!

Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld02/07/2018 12:23:11
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

lend50.jpg

Adelina Medina is a seamstress from the city of Loja in southern Ecuador. Her husband works as a builder. They have four children. The eldest is a qualified social worker, the next two are studying at university while the youngest is still in school. Doña Amelia is a dressmaker. She makes made to measure clothing as well as offering repairs and alterations. She works from 8 am each day. She also makes items on order from retailers. Doña Amelia started her microenterprise about four years ago with a machine for domestic use at her home. It has developed and she now rents premises in the town centre and attracts many more customers. She has bought new equipment which perform different functions. Doña Amelia makes a monthly profit of around $630. She requested a loan to buy fabric to make suits and cloth to make blouses for sale.The loan is repayable over 8 monthly installments.

rosemary Rosenfeld02/07/2018 12:24:21
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

lend51.jpg

Mónica Ipiales is 33 years old and lives in Ibarra with her parents and her 6-year-old son. She makes clothes for a living. She started this work 3 years ago. She currently works with her brother on two sewing machines.
Mónica has requested a loan of $800 to be repaid over 12 months. She will buy an overlocking machine, which will enable her to improve the finished quality of her garments.
She is currently receiving orders every month, and earns around $800 a month, which she uses to pay for basic services, food, and a small amount to buy materials. Mónica hopes to win contracts that pay more. She has worked hard to improve the quality of her clothes

Sylvia02/07/2018 13:39:57
2083 forum posts
342 photos

Oh, wish I had looked at this earlier today. I have just done a loan to a big group of ladies in Nairobi (I think) one of whom buys cotton and makes tablecloths. Very worthwhile too of course.

What filters do you use to find yours Rosemary?

rosemary Rosenfeld02/07/2018 14:32:54
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Hi Sylvia.....I first select "female" and then " sewing and tailoring" ........ sometimes I look at "arts and handicrafts" if I can't find anyone who sews! I do find that there are always several sewers from the same country.....I don't know why.....it must be something to do with the local micro banks!

I hope this helps, best Rosemary

Sue 6202/07/2018 23:08:43
593 forum posts
29 photos

I do admire the way these ladies work so hard to educate their children and give their families a better quality of life.

Thanks for organising our loans Rosemary.

Sue*

Sylvia04/07/2018 11:26:34
2083 forum posts
342 photos

Thanks Rosemary. I do female and sewing too so perhaps I didn't look far enough. Anyway every little helps and it is so worthwhile.

Did I ever tell you that after starting this I told my daughter who was fascinated because she had just been discussing micro finance with her students in Riyadh.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
Janome
lewis and irene
bredons
Search Press
C&T publishing
Sarik
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues