By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Lend with care

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Katy03/08/2014 11:00:45
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Thanks Rosemary, I've had a repayment too, so I'll try to remember to top up the group account

Katy03/08/2014 11:06:28
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

I've done it now before I forget, I've sent you the repayment and a small donation to round it up

rosemary Rosenfeld03/08/2014 12:32:13
5883 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Thank you Katy!

In case any of you want to follow what's happening in "our" group

1 . Go to Lendwithcare.com

2. Click on " Groups"

3. Select the following a) under" view all categories" ......... common interest

b) under" total of all loans" ................group city......A-Z

Click search! We should be on the first page. You can then see all about the group. If you click on any of the entrepreneurs you can read all about them and see the repayments they have made.

Remember although most of the loans are by Rosemary these are the loans from the donations from you!!!

Any questions ...please let me know!

Best Rosemary

Katy05/08/2014 09:47:10
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Thanks Rosemary, it's nice to see the total, over £200 lent so far, thank you for organising this, it's brilliant

rosemary Rosenfeld26/08/2014 14:37:40
5883 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Hi All, I have had some more donations so i have made another loan........

Gabriela Uchuari is 19 and comes from a humble family. Due to her family’s circumstances, she had to start working at a relatively early age. She now works in the mornings selling fresh milk from her own cow. She saved hard to purchase the animal and can now sell several litres of milk every day. In the afternoons she works as an assistant seamstress for a tailor. Any remaining time she has she dedicates to her new enterprise of raising and selling chickens. She is now asking for a loan in order to buy another cow, chicks, and feed. These investments would greatly benefit both her businesses and provide an increased source of income in the long term.

I hope you approve?!! As you can see Gabriela works as a seamstress for a tailor as well as everything else!!!!

Many thanks to you all!

best Rosemary

Jayne27/08/2014 16:32:08
676 forum posts
118 photos

Rosemary,

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is proud of you for organising us and all us PP'ers. Who for little more than the cost of a meal out here in Blightly can make life changing differences for others.

I don't know if there is a way of keeping in touch with these people and just taking an interest in their projects.

Jayne x

rosemary Rosenfeld27/08/2014 18:40:46
5883 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Hi Jayne! "They" are encouraged to post updates! I look every so often and I will post any here

Best Rosemary

Fiona28/08/2014 19:15:16
3133 forum posts
486 photos

Isabella has been nominated for the "ice challenge" and has decided some of it should come here. The rest will go to Hillyside Horses Trust.

rosemary Rosenfeld28/08/2014 19:46:58
5883 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Thank you Isabella! Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld29/08/2014 14:27:21
5883 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Hi All..... we have had some repayments and together with what was left in the account we have enough for another loan so here is my selection.............

Parveen Akhter is from Badami Bagh in Lahore. She is 51 years old and married with one son and three daughters. One of her daughters is in education while the others have completed their basic schooling. Her husband runs a juice corner and he earns 10,000 Rupees a month. Parveen is also helping her husband manage household expenses. She is a seamstress and has been in this occupation for the last 8 years. She sews laces on women’s clothes and gets orders from local markets. She earns 6,000 Rupees per month on average. She wants to earn more and wants to buy two sewing machines. Her daughters who have learnt sewing from her will use the new sewing machines and work with her. She intends to repay the loan in 15 installments.

Many thanks everyone

Best Rosemary

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues