By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Hello all. I'm new to the forum.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Louise N19/03/2014 21:50:06
19 forum posts

l've been doing patchwork and quilting for about five years but have always had an interest in textiles and crafts. I started off by making patchwork cushions but now like to make small quilts for babies and children which I design myself. I use alot of applique on my quilts and mainly sew by hand, though I am getting more confident on the sewing machine! I would love to chat to other like-minded people as I don't know any other quilters!

Susan M20/03/2014 12:55:47
176 forum posts
36 photos

Hello Louise,

You've come to the right place. Lots of lovely ladies here and all very helpful and chatty too.

have fun,

Susan

mandy20/03/2014 13:00:59
1068 forum posts
153 photos

Welcome Louise, you are definitely in the right place. There is always lots of chat (not just confined to patchwork) and if you need any help-just shoutsmiley

Mandy

Tessa20/03/2014 13:34:58
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Welcome Louise,

You most definitely have started in the right place. We have dozens of ladies who are chatting on here everyday. Just ask a question and you'll be sure to get a good quality answer from someone. I've been quilting for about 20 years now....lots of experience but learning from others daily.

Tessa

Crazy Canadian in Cumbria

Fiona20/03/2014 13:38:24
3134 forum posts
486 photos

Welcome Louise.

Irene B20/03/2014 14:01:23
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Hi Louise, welcome to this fab forum. You're in the right place to chat with like minded people. All very friendly, helpful and supportive.

Irene rose

Sylvia20/03/2014 14:10:17
2193 forum posts
368 photos

Second all that, welcome Louise. I live abroad and this is my patchwork group, wouldn't like to do without it.

Margaret S20/03/2014 14:31:09
4027 forum posts
759 photos

Welcome Louise. Have a good look round. As already said, if you need help just ask. There is usually someone who can help. If you have any photos, we like to see each others' work too.

Margaret

Carol Dodge20/03/2014 16:00:03
573 forum posts
137 photos

Hi Louise,

Welcome I am quite new and must say everyone is very friendly, really enjoing my journey into patchwork.

Carol D

Myra of Cheadle20/03/2014 16:31:13
590 forum posts
128 photos

Welcome Louise,

Good to hear from you - hope you enjoy your forum time and sewing time. I too prefer hand-sewing but do use a machine for some things. However, I've moved house (recentish now) and I can find some blocks but not the sashing fabric (often machine sewn on) until I tackle THE box that is in, or boxes etc.

I attend a group called "Thursday at One" most Thursdays and we are trying to assemble (as a group was the original idea?) a wallhanging. I thought all the bits - hexagons / wadding and backing fabric were where we meet each week but I looked earlier today and only the extra fabric is there - that means the three sections are somewhere in the house or storage unit. There will be another delay while I track those down.

TTFN Myra

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues