By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

PP Slimming Group 2014

help and encouragement for losing weight in 2014

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Q: Would you like a new 2015 Slimming group thread?

Y  
86%

N  
0%

I  
14%

(7 votes)

Winnie the B.O.L.B31/12/2014 08:44:57
3348 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Diane - well done with the weight loss - that is a great start for 2015. having said that, I am so so sorry that you are still feeling so unwell - it must be very hard to carry on feeling like that. Let's hope things pick up soon and you can get back to your sewing - I know how much I hate it when I can't spend some time at my machine - regardless of the reason.

To Everyone - all the very best for 2015. I am going to suggest that those of us who want to, can basically "start again" and count our weight loss as from next week? This suggestion is to try to help some of us who have fallen a bit by the wayside but feel "put off" getting back on track by the feeling of having lost the place this year at some point - if any of that makes any sense. Of course, you can carry on in any way you want to - I'm just suggesting this as an option - I know lots of you were doing really well for most of last year and it just started to go a bit awry fairly recently. Don't give up - you WILL get there.

Heading off out to a French neighbour's house tonight to celebrate Hogmanay - we need to teach them how to do it the Scottish way - whisky definitely included!!

Winnie

rosemary Rosenfeld31/12/2014 09:15:47
5883 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Great idea Margaret! I have gained a couple pounds over the holiday period so want to get back under 10 stone! Having more or less reached my target I have no intention of putting it all back on!! Easier said than done!!

Best Rosemary

Margaret S31/12/2014 10:12:07
4022 forum posts
756 photos

Well done Diane, to have managed to eat some treats and still lose weight is great. As for staying in bed, I know for you it is not by choice, but it has been so cold in our part of Oxfordshire it would have been the best place to be. At the moment it is colder here than at Benson but at least the thaw seems to be coming and I will be able to go out and get some exercise.

Well, all the following have not been on the banned list! Chocolate, Christmas cake, Christmas pudding, cheese ( I do miss Brie!), cheese biscuits, red wine, sherry (not keen on this any more), Stone's Ginger Wine ( my favourite). Guess what - 5 lbs heavier! I will be back for next year Winnie. Mind you I am still 2 stone lighter than I was this time last year thanks to you.

Have a great New Year everyone and once all the Christmas food has gone I will be back on the straight and narrow.

Margaret

Katy31/12/2014 16:02:52
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Well done everyone, and glad most of you managed to enjoy a bit of time off for Christmas.

I think Winnie's suggestion of a new start weight is very good, so I'm sure you'll all feel more encouraged in January

Katy07/01/2015 15:17:46
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Well done everyone x

I think you should start a new thread for 2015, and then it is a proper clean slate? What do you think?

Winnie the B.O.L.B07/01/2015 16:03:31
3348 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Katy - could be an idea - let's put it to the vote, shall we? The one thing I don't want is for those of the gang who have really achieved good losses to feel that that no longer "counts"? On the other hand, a "new" thread might make new people feel more able to join in - I'm just not sure.

So, how about just a "yes" or "no" post and we'll go with that majority. Does that sound OK folks?

Winnie

Katy07/01/2015 16:12:33
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Ok, I've set up a vote at the top of the thread

Margaret S07/01/2015 16:29:05
4022 forum posts
756 photos

I've voted!

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues