By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

PP Slimming Group 2014

help and encouragement for losing weight in 2014

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Q: Would you like a new 2015 Slimming group thread?

Y  
86%

N  
0%

I  
14%

(7 votes)

Margaret S08/01/2014 10:58:39
4026 forum posts
759 photos

Weighed this morning and was 14st 2 1/2lb which is 2 1/2lb lighter than Monday, but I am always heavier on a Monday. Next Wednesday will be the true test and I would like to be at least 1lb lighter. Yesterday's sin was 3 chocolates and 5 biscuits!

Yesterday's walk put my back out again! No one ever takes photos of me so I haven't got any to share. There might be one of my hand!

Margaret

Lesley08/01/2014 10:59:22
326 forum posts
2 photos

Morning Ladies,

Mandy I love the cartoon

Well done Marlene, for your weight loss since Monday. I weighed myself Monday and was 15st.6lb.

weighed myself this morning and I m still the same so I am going to change my weigh in day to

Wednesday.

Well done Winnie for not having the shortbread, I love it so my tin has gone in the cupboard, it is hard

when there are other people in the house, but I will be strong.

Well I have to go shopping this morning, so instead of getting the bus at the top of the road I will

walk to the next stop. Tesco could be hard, but I will take a deep breath.

Hopefully the weather will be dry tomorrow and will start taking Mollie dog walking again.

Well off to the shops now.

Lesley.

rosemary Rosenfeld08/01/2014 11:01:10
5890 forum posts
1722 photos
13 articles

Hi All, I weighed in at 11st 2lb this morning! The heaviest I' ve ever been and most of that has happened this year! I too would like to get down to just under 10 St. 9 St 13 sounds so much better! Today is fine so hoping for a walk later as well!

Well done everyone!

Best Rosemary

Winnie the B.O.L.B08/01/2014 12:25:46
3350 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Hi everyone - it looks like we're getting off to a good start os well done. Remeber it doesn't amtter if you say what you weight is or not - or even your target. It's a question of what makes you feel more at ease. I do think it is a good idea to record your weight loss but again, that's up to you. One thing that is pretty vital - from now on, remember to weigh yourself at the SAME time of day each time and try not to be tempted to get on the scales more than once a week - to do it more often than that can be either falsely depressing or falsely encouraging!!

Margaret - if it was brain matter you lost, it must mean that you had an excess in the first place!!! My "recipe" for resisting chocolate and biscuits is relatively simple - I just don't have them in the house - or my pocket or the car either!!!! If they aren't there, I can't be tempted to eat them. I know if they are in the tin, I am liable to be weak willed and nibble - or even munch - on them. My OH just has to like it or lump it!! Good for his health, waistline and teeth anyhow!

lesley, could you maybe suggest that the other members of the household have their "own" biscuit tins and that they keep them hidden from you - that might help your willpower in weaker moments. You could also allow yourself one or two as a treat now and again and tell them that you will ask them for one of their "stash" which they must give you- otherwise it won't work. We all need the ODD treat or we can lose heart.t!

Rosemary - So that's a target of 1st 3 lbs - don't forget that because you don't have lots and lots to lose, it is likely that you won't have big weekly losses so don't get discouraged if that happens. The same applies, of course, to every one else with, relatively speaking, fewer pounds to shed.

Winnie

mandy08/01/2014 12:36:23
1068 forum posts
153 photos

got weighed this morning and I am 9st 8.2 lbs I would like to be 8.8 by April when we ( hopefully) are going on holiday, just checked and I was this weight when I was 8 months pregnant with no.1 son.

Mandy

Alison08/01/2014 12:42:31
1833 forum posts
237 photos
1 articles

I'd like to join in and lose more weight, but at the moment with things the way they are with Mum and Dad I have to be realistic. My target this year is not to put back on any of the weight I've already managed to lose. In the past 2 and a bit years I've lost 3 1/2 st, I'd like to lose another 1 - 1 1/2 st but know at the moment it'll be very slow progress if any.

Your support in keeping the weight off will be greatly appreciated and if I do manage to lose a pound or two I'll be very pleased.

Alison.

Claire Bear08/01/2014 13:18:18
1846 forum posts
411 photos

Thank you ladies.

Mandy - that cartoon made me laugh so much unfortunately I had just taken a sip of my tea at the time - big mess. I promptly re-posted your cartoon on Facebook as it was so fab!

My first weigh in since Christmas will be tomorrow at my Slimming world group! Very scared!

Its very strange as in my office, I sit on a bank of 8 desks and we have a cupboard at the end that is usually covered in sweets, chocolates, cakes and biscuits and yet I havent touched any for weeks. My downfall is when i get home and don't talk to me about shortbread! My favourite!

Claire x

mandy08/01/2014 13:24:28
1068 forum posts
153 photos

Claire, that's where I pinched it from.laughmy sister had it on her FB page

Mandy

JillR08/01/2014 14:03:54
935 forum posts
119 photos

Been to WW and weigh in at 16st 10.5lb. Oh dear Xmas put me on 5.5lb!!!!! Anyway have taken a piccie for the NEW start, see what I take at the end of the year!!!

Winnie the B.O.L.B08/01/2014 16:28:40
3350 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Mandy - One stone to lose is a very achievable target but don't forget what I mentioned earlier on - that when you have a relatively small amount to lose - even although it seems a lot to you - it doesn't come off so quickly so don't get discouraged if your progress seems to be slower than for some of the rest of us!! It will still take you a lot less time than it will me to lose 3 stone, possibly 4!!!

Jill - facing "reality" is the first positive step on the road to succeeding - honestly it is.

Claire - don't be scared - just come on here and yell very loudly if you feel like it!! Remember what i just said to Jill.

Alison - welcome to the "gang". A huge "congratulations on losing all that weight - it isn't easy to do. I'm sure every one of us will be very happy to support you in any way we can- you might be surprised and lose some weight just by being with all of us who have the same goal - we want there to be "less" of us!! . I know life has been difficult for you over the last while but hopefully it is improving a bit. Anyhow, no matter what kind of goals you have, we are all here for you.

Winnie

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues