By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

PP Slimming Group 2014

help and encouragement for losing weight in 2014

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Q: Would you like a new 2015 Slimming group thread?

Y  
86%

N  
0%

I  
14%

(7 votes)

Cathy Turner NZ08/01/2014 02:31:14
1416 forum posts
155 photos

Claire - this is going to be your year!

Mandy - I love the cartoon, but have to start this Monday just gone, not next as for me, next Monday never arrives!

I have eaten three bananas today, which I dont feel guilty about, and the small homemade sausage roll that was forced on me was very yummy, AND I did refuse a second. ( I feel mildly guilty but only mildly), the good things is that I have really increased my fluid intake.

I cannot believe I refused a second sausage roll, I am usually looking for a plate full!

Cathy Turner NZ08/01/2014 06:45:41
1416 forum posts
155 photos

Ha ha, I have just checked my email and there is an invte from Weight Watchers to rejoin for the princely some of $1. (50 p to you).

JillR08/01/2014 08:06:08
935 forum posts
119 photos

Well off to WW soon, will see the damage Xmas has done!!!! Will then have a start for the year. I really really need to do this.

Winnie the B.O.L.B08/01/2014 08:21:56
3350 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Mandy - love the cartoon - I think we ALL know that syndrome!!! Still, this is NOT going to be any of us this time round IS IT!??

PS was the treacle sponge and custard good????

Cathy - good for you - are you going to go to WW as well as be on here? Their "points" system doesn't work for me but I have friend who swears by it.

I was proud of myself yesterday too - one of the French ladies at my class had a packet of Scottish shortbread with her to share with us - you can't buy it round here - it was a present to her and I LOVE it. I put my hand out and actually touched a piece and then realised what I was about to do and said 'no thank you'!!

I can also report that, as I hoped I might, lost some weight even since Monday - ONLY because it is the very beginning after some over eating over the holidays - I weigh exactly 101 kilos (15st 121/2) this morning - I was 102.6 (just over 16st 1/2lb) on Monday. My scales are in kilos so I have to convert back to stones for here). I hope I can be 100 kgs by next Monday - perhaps 99.9999999!!! That would be good for the moral!

Winnie

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 08/01/2014 08:25:39

Winnie the B.O.L.B08/01/2014 09:08:11
3350 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Jill - sorry, I didn't see your post until now - good on you as they say - you WILL do it!

Winnie

JillR08/01/2014 09:18:40
935 forum posts
119 photos

Will get someone to take a piccie of me today, so will see what I look like for my NEW START, then see how I am at the end of the year!!!!

Marlene Hutchinson08/01/2014 09:35:52
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

Good morning girls...have changed my weigh in day to Wednesday on my iPad so will be looking forward to next weeks weigh in...already lost a pound since Monday ...one happy girl...this is my sewing day so I'll be occupied all day ...lovely.

Cheerio,

Marlene

Juliet08/01/2014 09:42:19
2101 forum posts
162 photos

Just weighed myself, not as bad as I thought 12 1/2 stone, I reckoned it would be a stone more so if I could lose 1 1/2 that would be good.

All the support on here will help I know.

Love Juliet X

Winnie the B.O.L.B08/01/2014 10:12:31
3350 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Juliet - good news isn't it when the damage is much less than you feared! A target of one and a half stone is great - make it 1st 8lbs and then you will be 10st "something"!! That sounds good, doesn't it?!

Marlene - Wednesdays are going to be days to look forward to from now on - the "good news" days - most of the time at least!!

Jill - I am also trying to sort out a photo but, as I have already lost about 1st 7lbs stone, I would like to have one of the "worst" ones - better contrast for "then" and the final result" - so have to sort out my iPhoto access problems

Winnie

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 08/01/2014 10:16:59

Tessa08/01/2014 10:39:36
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Morning Camp Mom..... well, I still don't have the courage to say my weight, but I did weight myself on Sunday evening and then again this morning and if it is correct (in my case it probably isn't) I've lost 2 1/2 lbs .... probably just brain matter.

Love the chatter ladies....you are helping me to keep going even though there is a chocolate bar in the fridge. It's still there.

Tessa face 7

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues