By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

PP Slimming Group 2014

help and encouragement for losing weight in 2014

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Q: Would you like a new 2015 Slimming group thread?

Y  
86%

N  
0%

I  
14%

(7 votes)

Margaret S07/01/2014 09:50:17
4021 forum posts
756 photos

That's brave Jill. There are never any photos of me. Good or bad.

I tend to graze and hardly ever feel hungry. Yesterday, apart from 5 Christmas chocolates, I did not graze all day. By the end of the evening I felt quite hungry. I'm a bit of a fussy eater but any suggestions for late night nibbles? Our main meal is in the evening.

Margaret

Claire Bear07/01/2014 12:48:24
1846 forum posts
411 photos

What a great thread. Just before Christmas I joined slimming world and although i was doing well I have gone off the rails since Christmas and need to get back on it which I am doing.

My reason for losing weight apart from my health is that its affects my fertility, hubby and I have been together 18 years and I'm now 37 and we havent had children. So losing weight is the first step in potentially needing IVF!

I feel very pathetic for not getting on it sooner but i'm doing it now and that's what counts.

My goal to start with is to lose 4 stone and I will use my weighs in with SW to let you know how I get on!

We can do it!

Claire

pamela jeffrey07/01/2014 17:28:01
3192 forum posts
114 photos

I am in total shock after getting on the scales today.( more than I thought) see what happens by next week

Bye Pam

Winnie the B.O.L.B07/01/2014 22:17:09
3348 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Well - we're all on board now - I'm sure we'd all say that anyone else is, of course, welcome to join in at any time.

Sorry for your shock Pam - I know how you feel and so will most of us, I reckon - but it will get better with all of us supporting each other.

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning - perhaps I will be fractionally light than at the weekend but that's not really important. My first real target is next Wednesday - hope I might lose 2 lbs, this being the first week.

I honestly have looked of ra "before" photo - I found one but now my iPhoto refuses to let me send it anywhere - my DS is going to try to sort it out tomorrow - I promise to send it as soon as I can - it isn't a happy sight!!!!

Good luck to everyone

Winnie

Winnie the B.O.L.B07/01/2014 22:25:00
3348 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Sorry Claire - I somehow managed to miss you out of my post. You certainly have a wonderful reason to lose weight - I'm sure we will all be right behind you. NEVER feel pathetic, as you say - no one who hasn't been there in terms of losing weight can really understand how it can be so hard to cope with - but all of us here know exactly what it is all about.

Good luck to all of us - and never forget to shout very loudly when you need some support - that's the way to avoid going of the rails.

Winnie

mandy07/01/2014 22:38:53
1068 forum posts
153 photos

1488772_10151881053312620_1226763879_n[1].jpg

mandy07/01/2014 22:40:38
1068 forum posts
153 photos

sorry ladies, saw this and thought it was funny, this was me and my mam and sister yesterday whilst eating treacle spongeblush

mandy

rosemary Rosenfeld07/01/2014 22:43:20
5883 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Margaret, don't forget to check your messages! Hint , hint!!! Rosemary

mandy07/01/2014 22:49:38
1068 forum posts
153 photos

Had a naughty day yesterday, had a mother /daughter day, shopping-lunch-more shopping-coffee + cake plus a little bit more shopping.... you get the picture, told them I was trying to be good and stop eating desserts and both my mam and sister said they too wanted to diet but weren't going to start until Monday so let's just have treacle sponge and custard one last time........halfway through I suddenly realised it was Mondaylaugh Got home and asked Dh to cook the food I had just bought....hmmmmm lets have a takeaway was his reply......really what chance do I stand ! It's going to be a lot harder than I thought.

mandy

Tessa07/01/2014 23:08:55
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Oh Mandy, that cartoon is precious....just what I keep doing....next week...next week...then next week becomes next year....it has always been a nightmare for me....

Tessa x

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues