By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

PP Slimming Group 2014

help and encouragement for losing weight in 2014

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Q: Would you like a new 2015 Slimming group thread?

Y  
86%

N  
0%

I  
14%

(7 votes)

Margaret S04/01/2014 09:53:12
4021 forum posts
756 photos

I'll give it a try too. Ideally I would like to lose 2st. but realistically 7lbs to start with would be great. I can lose my added christmas weight fairly easily and then things get stuck. Calorie counting and slimming clubs are not for me. I am sure I need the encouragement / threat to exercise more! A weekly log maybe the spur I need.

I have one big problem though. DH does the cooking (long story) and as he is very ill with Crohns he eats huge quantities of food to try and make up the weight he loses through the disease. I do turn down second helpings and try and ask for smaller portions but it is impracticable for us to cook two completely different types of meals. Mind you we have very little packaged/convenience food and eat lots of fresh vegetables.

Thanks for setting up the thread Winnie.

Margaret

Kerry F04/01/2014 11:22:41
280 forum posts
46 photos
29 articles

I'm in. Whilst not overweight yet according to my BMI, I have gone up a dress size in the last few months and my face is trying to grow a new chin. I get weighed in kilos at the doctors so I think I have gained almost a stone once I convert that. I know it's not much but I'm getting married this year and want to go back to what I was so I feel good. Also I feel if I start now, it won't potentially get worse and I can nip it in the bud. I think going from not drinking alcohol at all to going to about a cider a night is what has done it for me, as well as going onto regular medication. My target is to lose 2 inches on my waist, I'm not worried about what my overall weight is.

rosemary Rosenfeld04/01/2014 11:58:33
5883 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Hi All, I'm in too! I weighed myself this morning and have decided that I need to loose a stone at least! More would be better but that will do to be going on with! Lack of exercise in this awful weather doesn't help either does it?!!!!

Best Rosrmary

Beryl Hedley04/01/2014 12:53:49
821 forum posts
145 photos

Hi Winnie

I think this is a great idea count me in.

I need to loose 2st for a start. as well as watching what I eat I am going to do walking each day. Starting Monday.

My Dr will be very pleased when I am loose some weight. I do keep trying but it will much more' fun ' doing this together.

Beryl

Juliet04/01/2014 13:18:30
2101 forum posts
162 photos

I would like to join in too, as I am quite a lot over weight. Doesn't help with all these chocolates around which I can't resist. Would be nice to lose two stone!!

ju lite x

JillR04/01/2014 15:26:08
935 forum posts
119 photos

Oh dear oh dear I need to loose at LEAST 4 st. I do go to WW, but don't count points, just need to eat the right things and weigh and portion control things such as spuds and pasta. really it is getting the mind in the right plane that is most important. I will be weighing Weds and will know what I weigh and how much over the 4 st I need to loose.

Cathy Turner NZ04/01/2014 19:16:20
1416 forum posts
155 photos

18k is about 40 pnds. I will stick to kilos, the number is much lower!

Lesley04/01/2014 20:43:12
326 forum posts
2 photos

Hi Winnie,

I think this Is a good idea. thank you for starting this group. I would like to join.

I have tried to loose weight so many times,1st few months go well then not so good,

maybe with us all supporting each other it will be better this time. Will weigh myself

tomorrow, and start on Monday, I know its going to a lot to loose.

Lesley.

Tessa05/01/2014 10:29:33
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Morning all.... weighed myself and got the shock of my life...so my main aim is just to loose weight for now, then put in a target later. Calorie counting is my way of doing things as well. WW or Slimming World are both quite prevelant in this area but there is no extra time or money to get to these. So will just need to do it on my own with the help my on line group.

So to start things off....I've had a good low calorie breakfast, and Abbie and I have just walked for half an hour. It's a start.

Tessa x

Marlene Hutchinson05/01/2014 10:53:10
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

Good start Tessa ...I need to do more of the walking stuff...shame I haven't got a dog but the village is just a nice distance for me so that's what I'll be doing. Weigh in tomorrow for me then off to the eye hospital so that will keep me busy for the morning...calories for me too so will do some shopping on the way home. Good luck.

Cheerio,

Marlene

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues