By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

PP Slimming Group 2014

help and encouragement for losing weight in 2014

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Q: Would you like a new 2015 Slimming group thread?

Y  
86%

N  
0%

I  
14%

(7 votes)

Winnie the B.O.L.B03/01/2014 20:26:46
3348 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Hi all - I've taken the bull by the horns and created this separate thread for those of us who'd like to join our "slimming group". I'll leave a message on the chat thread so that anyone who wants to join in knows where to find us.

We can work out how we will "do it" afterwards≥

Winnie

pamela jeffrey03/01/2014 20:50:50
3192 forum posts
114 photos

Hello Winnie

I am in for this one.

Bye Pam J

Cathy Turner NZ03/01/2014 21:00:00
1416 forum posts
155 photos

As someone who needs to lose about 18 kilos, this could be interesting!

Tessa03/01/2014 21:03:14
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Right....last year it took me two days before I gave up....maybe this group will help....so we'll see.

Tessa frown

Winnie the B.O.L.B03/01/2014 21:37:58
3348 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Welcome EVERYONE - We are going to do it in 2014 - aren't we!???? Cathy, Tessa, Pam, Mandy -  glad to see you on board along with Jill, Marlene and me - sorry if I have I missed anyone out this far?? I'm tired tonight but why don't we sort out tomorrow what we would all like to "gain" from our new group. I'm really excited about this - I am sure it will help us all in whatever way we need. Let's promise OURSELVES that we will keep our good resolutions going - and when we feel like giving up, we will yell "HELP" to our friends on here. PROMISE??!!!!

Maybe we could all say what we were aiming to achieve - no-one has to tell us their actual weight if they don't want to - only do that if you are comfortable with the idea. However, it might be a good idea to say what your target weight LOSS is - again, only if you want to. If you don't want to do even that, how about telling us how much you have lost every week - on a particular collective day that we can decide on. Just like going to a class on say a Wednesday?!

Please feel able to say what YOU want to do.

Till tomorrow

Margaret - Winnie

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 03/01/2014 21:39:06

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 03/01/2014 21:40:33

Marlene Hutchinson03/01/2014 21:48:51
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

Winnie I am really looking forward to our little group...we can do it. I would like to loose 28lbscrook I am following calorie controlled diet as this works best for me. Just look at calories on packet and that's it...easy peasy mmmm! Starting Monday.

Cheerio,

Marlene

mandy03/01/2014 22:24:51
1068 forum posts
153 photos

I'd be over the moon if I could loose 1 stone.......I feel good today because I ate cereal for breakfast and not 1/2 packet of biscuits, sandwich for lunch at midday and not 2,3,4 o'clock or never and I used a smaller plate for my evening meal........for me this is really disciplined, I eat at the wrong times and all the wrong foods.frown

Mandy

Mal-A03/01/2014 23:02:59
1210 forum posts
168 photos

Willing to give this a try. Could do with losing weight, but don't seem to be able to, like my food, and my portions are too large!!!

Mal

Myra of Cheadle03/01/2014 23:28:03
590 forum posts
128 photos

Need to know what I actually weigh - then I can set a target - rather more is waist measurement reduction for me! Also I need to sort out taking my tablets properly - since I'm not eating properly at the moment taking a dose made me sick so I need to sort out eating, then take tablets with some food so the tablets stay down? Sorry about the detail - do I sound stresses or very stressed?

DD is 18 tomorrow so we will have cake at least!

TTFN Myra

Karen9p03/01/2014 23:35:23
516 forum posts
116 photos

Hi Margaret,

Hi everyone been wanting to lose the weight i put on (3 stone, or 42lbs or 19 kilograms) since giving up smoking!

Have been trying various ways but have lack of will power, so i am thinking if all you lovely ladies are doing well, will be able to do the same. Well Margaret H( Winnie) for sorting this and all your weight loss, now will be waiting your tips

love Karen xxxx

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues