Hug Hearts for January

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Katy03/01/2014 11:07:14
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Hello again!

This is the official January thread where we can send 6 1/2in hearts on a cream/white background to anyone who needs a hug.

If anyone would like a bit of virtual/fabric love this month, add their/your own name here, and we'll send a bit of moral support their way. It's not much, but we do care, and while we can't fix everything, at least we can send you something to cheer you up a little.

I have plenty of hearts at the moment, so I'll send them out on everyone's behalf to people on this list. If anyone else wants to make a batch to send via me, that's fine, but if you'd prefer to send your own, that's OK too. If you need addresses for anyone on this list or my address to send a batch to, then email me at katy.purvis@mytimemedia.com.

rosemary Rosenfeld03/01/2014 11:11:02
5872 forum posts
1716 photos
13 articles

I received 3 more this week, Helen, Joe and Scarlet have made me one each! Now I can plan on joining them!

best Rosemary

Katy12/01/2014 13:17:49
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Hi all,

I have a bit of a cheeky request. Please may I have some hearts this month, on behalf of a friend. I don't mind if you say no, but I wanted to ask anyway.

I had a message this morning that one of my friends from school will be having an operation in the next week or two to remove a second brain tumour. I haven't seen her for years, we've lost touch, and I didn't know that she'd already had a tumour removed. Obviously this is awful for my friend and her family (I went to school with her husband as well, and her children are a similar age to mine). It has hit me particularly badly as my Dad died from a brain tumour when I was 21, and I am very aware of how unpleasant the whole experience is for all the family.

She has lost her hearing on one side because of the first op, and is may suffer permanent facial paralysis on the same side as a result of the second. This is also upsetting for me, as my niece, was born with facial paralysis and is having her second operation to try to fix it this spring. There are many possible problems with any brain operation, but it is poignant that my Emma is hopefully going to be cured of the same thing my friend is might suffer.

I am going to visit my friend as soon as I can, and wanted to make her a hug heart quilt if I can squeeze the time in. I haven't much time, and I haven't much background fabric, so would you lovely ladies sub me a packet of hearts for me to use. It would make me feel a lot better, and I think she would like it, I would explain our Hug Hearts system so she would know that some of the hearts were made by you and why.

If that's ok, let me know, I will only use a heart if you say it's ok, and you can pm me or email me if you'd rather not say in public. And if you think it is misappropriation of hugs, you can tell me that too, I won't mind, I just wanted to ask if it was ok.

Thanks

Katy

Edited By Katy on 04/03/2014 12:14:06

Juliet12/01/2014 13:23:31
2101 forum posts
162 photos

Oh dear Katy, I will make you some today.

Love Juliet x x x

Katy12/01/2014 13:28:44
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Thanks Juliet, Would it be ok if I used one from the big box? I didn't mean for anyone to send me one, I was asking if I could 'send' myself some from the hug stash here. I'll be making my own anyway

Margaret S12/01/2014 13:30:35
4016 forum posts
754 photos

Have you got any of mine left? If not I can send some more a.s.a.p. A friend of yours is a friend of ours.

Margaret

Katy12/01/2014 13:34:57
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Thanks Margaret, there are plenty in the box, I don't need anyone to physically send one. I just wanted to ask if it was Ok for me to have a few, I normally send one from each packet, but I'll just take one from each packet where I have permission.

Thank you, I will be able to get on with it quicker with your help.

Juliet12/01/2014 13:38:49
2101 forum posts
162 photos

Of course Katy, I will make a few more anyway.

Love Juliet x

Marian T12/01/2014 14:01:30
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Hi Katy

As you know I am in the middle of a similar situation in my close family which has escalated very quickly and I know that hugs are really important at a time like this. Of course I am happy for you to use from my contribution of hearts. I can only wish that your friend finds comfort knowing that others care. Give yourself a hug too! Awful time for so many people at present.

M xxx

Katy12/01/2014 14:04:13
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Thanks Mrian, hugs for you too x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues