Applique product

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Brenda in OZ21/08/2013 05:27:38
506 forum posts
162 photos
33 articles

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone familiar with a new product called "Print Fuse"? (It may have a different name in other parts of the world)

It's pressure sesitive fusible stabilizer that you use like any other fusible applique product such as Thermo web or Heat & Bond but this one is designed to feed through your ink jet printer. This means you can take an applique design directly from your computer, flip (mirror image) it and print directly onto the bonding paper. It saves all the time and fuss of light boxes and tracing.

Once you have bonded the fabric onto the print fuse and cut out the shapes you can place it on your fabric and reposition it many times without a problem. When you are happy with the positioning, just apply heat and the fabric is permanently bonded.

I have been given a sample and have taken the process as far as printing. It went through the printer like a breeze. I am about to fuse it to my fabric and cut out the shapes. I'll let you know how I go but before doing that I wondered if any of you had used it?

Brenda in OZ

Caz21/08/2013 15:01:38
2545 forum posts
273 photos

Not heard of that before, Brenda. Would the inks be washable??

Caz

Irene B22/08/2013 09:41:21
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Hi Brenda,

That product sound interesting. I don't think I've seen it here, but as you say, it may have a different name here. I'd love to have a try. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with it.

Irene x rose

Brenda in OZ23/08/2013 03:39:03
506 forum posts
162 photos
33 articles

Hi Everyone,

YES it worked!

Everybit as good as the traditional product but I think it would work out a little more expensive. A pack of five A4 sheets costs us $10 so I quess that would be about five pounds sterling.

The item isn't finished yet... I don't know where the time goes.

Caz, there isn't as issue with washing because the ink prints onto the paper backing and you remove this before fusing to the background.

Irene, loved the pictures at FOQ, wish I could have been with you all.

Brenda i =n OZ

Marian C24/08/2013 11:23:48
59 forum posts
24 photos

I had good success with bondaweb.

I cut the bondaweb into A4 size pieces, then glued the corners onto to a piece of A4 paper, with the paper side of the bondaweb facing up, and leave to dry. Make sure that the paper does not curl up (especially if you store your bondaweb rolled up like I do) by weighing it down with some books or papers.

The difficult part is working out which way to put your paper in the printer - bondaweb on the top or on the bottom - I mark a blank sheet of paper and print on it first to try it out.

Marian

quilt and patch25/08/2013 08:13:09
3489 forum posts
636 photos

I have printed onto iron on vilene, using masking tape to stick all edges firmly to the paper,as Marian done.

Also I have self adhesice template sheets,they self stick so no need for iron, this does have to be peeled off as you sew though,but can be used time and time again. It's by EQ Printables and was when I bought it ,which was a while ago now £7.50 for 10 sheets.

Liz x

Katy27/08/2013 09:51:44
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Glad it worked Brenda. I like the idea of it being repositionable before you bond it, and I did wonder if we could print straight on to Bondaweb in the same way, so thanks Marian, I'm glad that worked for you.

I can't find any Print fuse for sale though, googling it just sends me here!

Brenda in OZ28/08/2013 01:04:27
506 forum posts
162 photos
33 articles

finished bag small. jpg.jpginside small.jpg

The product worked well. All the sections fitted onto the A4 sheet and after fusing them to the various fabrics and cuttting them out I was able to position all 6 sections of the motif onto baking paper which I laid over my line design on the ironing baord. I then transfered the completed motif onto the background fabric!

I made this small (8 x 6 inch) folded purse that's handy for a wallet, keys and mobile phone.

Katy, I think Bondaweb cut to A4 size would do just as well. Make sure you put it through the inkjet printer NOT the laser printer! We quilters are so resourceful!

Brenda in OZ

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues