By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Advice on posting to America

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
June06/08/2013 07:37:00
335 forum posts
55 photos

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice please. I need to send a quilt to New York in the next few weeks and was wondering what was the best way to do it?

I seem to get the impression that parcel post to the US is a bit unreliable and as this quilt is a gift for my Niece's first baby, I'm really worried that it may go astray.

I have been thinking about using one of those vac-bags...any thoughts?

I would greatly appreciate any advice you could give me.

Thank you

June rose

Susan M06/08/2013 07:45:27
176 forum posts
36 photos

Sorry June, I have only ever posted small items to the States. The staff in the post office are usually clued up perhaps they could help you.

Regards

Susan

Jayne06/08/2013 18:25:57
676 forum posts
118 photos

A lass at our quilt group had a terrible experience with posting a memory quilt out to her cousin, but it did get there about 7 days after she'd been back to the PO with a list of what she was going to do to the guy behind the counter...

June06/08/2013 20:14:31
335 forum posts
55 photos

Jayne,

ya think I could get that list......just in case, lol!

Trouble is mum sent off a wee parcel 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. I'm petrified of sending the quilt and it getting lost!

June x

Irene B06/08/2013 20:50:23
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Hi June,

There is a way of mailing and tracking your parcel... if you hang on a mo' I'll just find out for you.

I had a quilt to post to the States and used this method and it got there no probs.....

Irene x

......OK.  It was Royal Mail Airsure to non EU Countries.  There is a maximum weight tho' which is 2kg

The other option is ParcelForce Worldwide which is on the same link as above.

Irene x 

Edited By Irene B on 06/08/2013 20:58:04

June06/08/2013 22:07:16
335 forum posts
55 photos

Thanks Irene,

will check this out.

After me just saying mum's parcel hadn't arrived, I just got an email from my niece saying it had!! So happy

June x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues