pounce quilt marker

Tried it?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Kimberly19/03/2013 16:21:09
1145 forum posts
165 photos
1 articles

Hi Gang, I'm getting to the tough part of quilting the batik fan quilt and NOTHING I've tried is working for marking the design. The fabric is dark red so the purple marker doesn't show up long enough to see it. My white pencils and blue pencils just don't leave a good mark either.

Has anyone tried the Pounce system? Does it work and is it worth spending the £15 for it? I've got to have this sucker finished in about two weeks for the quilt guild AGM! Plus some other projects. This is not good!

HELP!!!!

Glenda F19/03/2013 16:42:55
1643 forum posts
218 photos

Sorry have not used it but it does look good

Glenda

June19/03/2013 18:06:15
335 forum posts
55 photos

Have you tried a chalk pencil? Good luck & hope you post a piccy for us to admire smiley

June x rose

Kimberly19/03/2013 18:22:11
1145 forum posts
165 photos
1 articles

Hi June and Glenda, yes I've tried a white and a blue chalk pencil...neither of them worked! I'm going to two quilt shops tomorrow and hope they can help me. I've taken three days off from work to get this bad boy quilted and now I've hit a brick wall! There are a couple of things I can still do to other areas of the quilt if I have to order the Pounce thingy. I just can't come up with a FMQ design I can do to go with this quilt and compliment it as well as the stencils do.

Wish me luck girls!

KimX

JillR19/03/2013 18:26:28
935 forum posts
119 photos

Kim, I've not used Pounce yet, but will be picking some up on Thursday. Several have tried it at our group, just down the road in Bawtry, and thinkit is fantastic.

Marian T19/03/2013 18:33:32
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Hi Kimmers............Have you tried the Sewline White leaded marker pens to see if they work? The are always good on my darker fabrics. I have one refillable pencil and supplies of both graphite for lights, and white (chalk) leads for darks........M xx

Aude19/03/2013 21:50:57
593 forum posts
87 photos

Hi Kim

Bold Beginnings Quilting Stencils and Paper.mov - YouTube

You might want to have a look at this (the first part isn't of interest )but the copying of a stencil onto the fabric without using markers is good.

Aude. x

Kimberly19/03/2013 22:53:42
1145 forum posts
165 photos
1 articles

Aude, thanks for the youtube link, I like that idea and might use it if worse comes to worse.

Mairan, I've got some white chalk pens and they just don't do it.

JillR, I am going to check out the quilt shop in downtown Doncaster tomorrow, then I'll hit Helen's Houses. If they don't have them, can I get you to pick one up for me? Let me know where you are going to get them and I'll call ahead to prepay for mine. If you can't that's fine, I'll figure something out.

Cheers ladies!

Kim X

JillR19/03/2013 23:40:57
935 forum posts
119 photos

Helen's Houses is very unlikely to have it, ring before you go.

Aude20/03/2013 00:09:01
593 forum posts
87 photos

What is the Pounce system please?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues