By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Mini Quilts

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
June17/02/2013 16:43:11
335 forum posts
55 photos

Hi everyone,

I've seen some examples of miniquilts recently and I'm thinking of trying to make one myself but I don't know where to start!

I was wondering if anyone could point me to a tutorial or give me a few tips?

Many thanks

June rose

Tessa17/02/2013 17:27:57
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Hi June, I'd start by typing 'tutorial making a mini quilt' into a google search engine....I'm sure you'll find something there that will give you a good start. Otherwise it's just taking a regular pattern and downsizing it or just go to this link

**LINK** and choose a smaller block size and make several of those....hope this helps.

Tessa x

June17/02/2013 17:41:38
335 forum posts
55 photos

Thanks Tessa,

Have tried that and have got a few tutorials already - clever you for thinking of something so simple!

I like the idea of scaling a block down but, not sure what size to aim for... do I go for 1.5inch blocks that finish at 1 inch or should it be 1 inch blocks that finish at 0.5inch???

Can see me having great fun working this out!!

June x rose

Tessa17/02/2013 17:55:44
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Oh my June....I'm afraid if I did a block that small I'd go crosseyed....good luck with it, and post a piccie when you can.

Tessa x

Tessa17/02/2013 18:15:17
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Also June, I've just sent you a Friends Request, so if you scroll up on this page to where it says 'My Friends', you should see a flashing icon....if you click on that and confirm, then you and I will be able to see when we are on line here on the website...you can send a 'friends request' to any of the members at anytime.

Tessa x

June17/02/2013 19:30:33
335 forum posts
55 photos

Hi Tessa

thanks for the Friends request teeth 2

I love the idea of using up every little scrap of fabric, it's too expensive to waste! If you have a peek in my album "other bits and bobs" there are pictures of a cushion cover I did with scraps from the handfasting quilt I did (also an album for this). The blocks worked out at a smidge over 1inch.

June x rose

Katy18/02/2013 11:06:54
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Hi June, we had a go at some in the March technique last year. Have a look, there are some links there and some photos of blocks that we made

June19/02/2013 07:41:08
335 forum posts
55 photos

Oooooo thanks Katy! I've already made one block, only a pinwheel but I'm so pleased with it, so very cute!. Now have a large tray lid filled with wee triangles! Have to admit I got these free at a class as the lady who was using that fabric was just going to dump them as scraps!!

June x rose

quilt and patch19/02/2013 09:44:22
3489 forum posts
636 photos

Sounds like me at group I go around our little pots on the tables for people to put their scraps in, it's surprising how big some peoples rubbish is!!

Katy19/02/2013 19:48:23
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Juliet sent us a great link to Paula Doyle's new technique for mini quilts, it is very good

Paula Doyle

I want to try this, it is an expanded idea from the earlier link, but it looks really good

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues