By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Holiday quilting

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ronnie13/01/2013 00:46:42
14 forum posts
1 photos

Hi, I am planning to spend 3 weeks holiday in Cornwall later in the year , staying at Mousehole. And while the other -half is off bird watching I would like to visit quilting shops/studios in the area and hopefully manage to enrol for a workshop or two. Just to prevent the withdrawal symptoms coming on , I know you will understand.However I am having trouble finding any quilting/ fabric shops in the area and wondered if anyone could give me any information to help in my search.I don't mind doing some travelling , but not too far. Thanks, Sharon

Hannah A13/01/2013 09:02:29
103 forum posts
33 photos

Hi Sharon,

I'm from Cornwall but I'm not round penzance area often. I think there's a fabric shop in Penzance.

Threads in Hayle does workshops and fabrics- http://www.threadscornwall.co.uk/

The Sewing Studio in Redruth is amazing. Lots and lots of fabric and they do quilty/patchwork workshops too. It's torture as its only a five minute walk away. http://www.thesewingstudio.co.uk/

Will let you know if I think of any more.

Hannah

JillR13/01/2013 09:09:59
935 forum posts
119 photos

During my last holiday in Cornwall I bought some amazing bargains from the car boots, people out selling off their stuff, not from traders.

Marian C13/01/2013 13:12:41
59 forum posts
24 photos

There is a lady called Di Wells, who used to teach City and Guilds Patchwork and Quilting in Gloucestershire, and now lives near Mevagissey. She does classes and workshops in Cornwall - her website is www.diwells.co.uk. Take a look to see what's on offer.

Marian

Ronnie13/01/2013 19:21:15
14 forum posts
1 photos

Thank you all for your help.I have looked at the links given but at present they are only booking up to Feb/March, but I will keep checking as I know workshops get booked up early.

Yes Hannah I can imagine the torture of a fabric shop 5 minute walk away, I think I would have to walk my dog that way everyday just to peer in the window to see if there was any new fabric delivered . Lol.

Di T14/01/2013 09:17:55
1141 forum posts
31 photos

Sharon

There is a shop called Cowslip Workshops in Launceston. They have a shop and run wksps etc. Link is

**LINK**

Di

Katy15/01/2013 10:38:02
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

There is a lovely shop which does workshops in Wadebridge, but that's a long way, I don't think I've found any very near Penzance. The sewing studio in Redruth is great, I think that would be your best bet. I go to Cornwall every year, and am pretty good at hunting down the fabric shops, but I've never had time to do a workshop

Ronnie15/01/2013 19:31:08
14 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks Guys, will have a look at all the suggestions . I will definitely be booking a workshop or two, can't imagine 3 weeks without my "fix" of sewing etc. and its always great to look around a new shop , to get some ideas.

Juliet15/01/2013 21:47:41
2101 forum posts
162 photos

Ooh Wadebridge is not far from my DD1s holiday home in Trecknow, can't wait to go again now.

Juliet x

Lowena25/01/2013 18:04:39
8 forum posts

I live near Penzance and can fully endorse The Sewing Studio at Redruth. It has recently relocated to larger premises and the people who work there know loads about patchwork and quilting. They do courses and drop in sessions and have a good website. It's my favourite shop

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues