By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

UFO Zapping 2013

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

UFO Zapping 2013

UFO Zapping 2013

Zap those UFOs this year. There's a prize for one Zapper every month, and the quilter who zaps the most by the end of the year will be crowned Queen Zapper!

Katy07/01/2013 12:51:01
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Well, here we are again!

This is the UFO ZAPPING thread for 2013. If you want to join in this year, add a message to this thread with details of your UFO List of anything you feel you can finish in 2012.

example;

King Size Blue Quilt/Sunbonnets for Aunt Dora

We're not going to have an album for the starting point UFOs this year!

This is because it is quite hard to maintain two albums, and you all usually zap completely different items than the ones you said you would! But, you can all keep your own albums if you wish, and there will be an article at the top of this thread which lists everyone's intended UFOs. I would still like to see a photo of any Zapped UFOs though. These will all be kept in one album, so we can check our progress through the year. This album will also be in the article at the top of the thread.

As with last year, there will be a small monthly prize every month for a random zapper! The prize probably won't be a FQ this year, but I'll see what I can get hold of for you.

Well done to everyone who zapped last year, hope we do as well this time!

Edited By Katy on 07/01/2013 17:52:05

Kerry F07/01/2013 15:05:45
280 forum posts
46 photos
29 articles

I will play along this time!

Here's my list, I've made links to WIP pictures hosted elsewhere (where applicable) just in case anyone is interested and because my names for them are a bit strange.

Punctuation Sampler quilt from jelly roll (about 1/4 of the way through all the blocks)
Twenty Hedgehogs Wallhanging (paper pieced 2 out of 20 varieties of hedgehog so far)
Hello Chevron quilt (5 rows out of 16 done)
Great Granny Quilt (just needs quilting)
Rain Deer Limbo quilt (need to finish the quilting)
Fryed Pixels quilt (about 1/3 of the way through piecing Stephen Fry's face in 1" squares... yes really! It will be a show quilt)

quilt and patch07/01/2013 15:56:04
3489 forum posts
636 photos

Kerry, I for one will be looking forward to seeing some of your projects finished.I especially like the hedgehogs,as most people know I am hog mad (for real ones)

Love Liz x

Cathy Porteus 207/01/2013 17:12:53
189 forum posts
40 photos

Great, hopefully this will help motivate me to finish some of these:

• Pink and purple quilt (Perfect Palette pattern from magazine last year, top done, just need to quilt it)
  • Sampler quilt (9 blocks done, think I need to do 3 more)
  • 2 sections of the strip per month scrappy quilt from the magazine - need to finish the hand applique section and also to do the machine applique section from this month's magazine

I've also got a crochet donkey and little doll to finish, will try and fit my crochetting round the quilting.

June07/01/2013 18:17:16
335 forum posts
55 photos

Love this idea, will help me keep track of things. So I currently have the following to complete:

• Christmas Log Cabin - top done; needs borders etc
  • Disappearing Nine Patch - top done; needs borders etc (we call it the Smiley Top 'cause it's so bright!)
  • Charming Old Maid - top done; needs borders etc
  • Boxed Jelly - top done; needs borders etc

Can you see a pattern to this??

Also have:

• Milky Way
  • Moon In Window

- both of which I have cut up but either I don't like the pattern now or I don't like the fabrics I've chosen!!

PLUS, I need to make a quilt for my Aunt's 60th Birthday in June.

Phew! That should keep me busy for a wee while teeth 2

Marian T07/01/2013 18:24:16
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

OOOH, Plenty still to do so I'm in again. Will add list later blush

M xxx

Edited By Marian T on 07/01/2013 18:24:54

Juliet07/01/2013 19:08:16
2101 forum posts
162 photos

I really will try to finish my Underground Railway Quilt, and the Birthday blocks from 2011, they are very pretty Chundash blocks.

Juliet x

quilt and patch07/01/2013 19:20:54
3489 forum posts
636 photos

French braid 2Really hope to have a super king size cover by the end of the year!!!!! Considering I am altering the pattern as I go and am not sure what it will look like at the end,this should be interesting!!!

Marian T07/01/2013 19:30:56
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Well here I go.............blush
1) 'Dad's Memory Poppy quilt - Needs putting together and beyond...
2) Underground Railroad quilt - Needs putting together and beyond...
3) B&W Tessellation quilt - Sandwiched ready for quilting for several years...blush
4) Batik - only needs binding (thanks to Jan's help)
5) 10 minute block quilt top - hahaha, or in my case 2 year quilt top and counting...
6) Friendship Row by Row
7) Erratic Ladder quilt top .....several years old.....smile p
8) Friendship RR quilt
9) Floral garden quilt top
10) Jet's curtain
11) Brennan's curtains

Mmmm that's plenty from me for now!

Marian face 23

pamela jeffrey07/01/2013 20:34:37
3192 forum posts
114 photos

I will get mine sorted out

Pam

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues