By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Sizzix Big Shot

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julie Bull05/01/2013 08:46:23
4 forum posts
15 photos
6 articles

I bought a Sizzix at the Festival Of Quilts last August and I love it!

It is quite heavy but it stays in my studio so I dont mind that

With a serious EPP hexie addiction I wanted it for the hexagon dies and I havent been disappointed - I've since bought the square which I feel wastes a lot of fabric (I find it quicker to rotary cut them) and recently the circles which I'm finding lots of uses for

Katy07/01/2013 12:01:31
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Hi Julie! I think the circles would be useful too. Let us know how you get on with your hexagons too.

Fiona07/01/2013 12:55:47
3117 forum posts
471 photos

Well, I got some of yhe dies DH ordered on Saturday and am thrilled to bits! The tumbler die will be very handy for using up the "50 Shades of Grey" I got at xmas and the two hexagon sizes have used up a pile of scrap fabric plus offcuts of freezer paper - the plan is to make a totally scrap quilt as an on-going hand project.

Also discovered some wonderful;sewing themed (X- craft?)which would make fantastic applique or cards.

min17/01/2013 22:20:41
10 forum posts
4 photos

I got one for Christmas and havent bought any dies yet. Soes nayone know any online stores that are more than reasonable? I got a few with it but not ones I really wanted. Fancy the tumbler die and hexagons to start with. I would really really like a Sunbonnet sue. die. Understand that accuquilt ones work on the sizzix.

Been busy altering my dining room into a work room and nearly ready to get back to quilting.

pamela jeffrey17/01/2013 22:36:56
3192 forum posts
114 photos

I have the Sun Bonnet Sue for the Accuquilt machine and I love it so cute.

Did not know you could use both dies.

Julie I agree it is just has quick to cut squares with a rotary cutter.

Pam

Marlene Hutchinson18/01/2013 08:51:28
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

I have Overall Bill for the accuquilt go...just got it so haven't used it yet but its on my list...I am not sure if the go dies work with the sizzix...would be nice if sizzix worked on the go as the dies are cheaper...they do look about the same size thickness wise.

Min would you let us now if you find out about using different dies on different machines please.

Cheerio,

Marlene face 23

Margaret S18/01/2013 09:03:51
4000 forum posts
750 photos

May not be the cheapest but I got my dies online from Cotton Patch and Craft Superstore. The later is not the easiest site to navigate but has quite a few reductions.

I don't think the Accuquilt likes other makes of dies. I read a review online of the Accuquilt Go v Sizzix Bigshot and whilst the Go dies went through the Sizzix, the Sizzix dies cut through and destroyed the Go's mat, so be very careful! However, Sizzix says that most other makes of dies can be used in a Sizzix. Hope that I have got that right!

Margaret

Margaret S18/01/2013 09:14:53
4000 forum posts
750 photos

**LINK**

This is the review that I read. Don't know how old it is though.

Margaret

Julie Bull18/01/2013 11:00:21
4 forum posts
15 photos
6 articles

I have a hexagon die for sale (unwanted gift) if anyone is interested - the box has been opened but otherwise its unused

Please message me and I will give you the details

Julie Bull18/01/2013 11:07:11
4 forum posts
15 photos
6 articles
Posted by Katy on 07/01/2013 12:01:31:

Hi Julie! I think the circles would be useful too. Let us know how you get on with your hexagons too.

Thanks Katy
I have started cutting out badges with the circles and I've used the hexagon dies for my next project in PP - published next issue I've also made these 2 cushions with it

Julie

Edited By Julie Bull on 18/01/2013 11:07:26

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Janome
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues