By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Sizzix Big Shot

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Laura Marx19/12/2012 05:22:17
55 forum posts
28 photos

I live in the states and have been eyeing these cutters for months. My darling and indulgent hubby has had to be talked out of buying me one several times due to what I forsee as an ongoing and expensive investment due to the cost of dies. I know myself and I would have another addiction the bank account doesn't need but that my inner and outter child REALLY REALLY WANTS! Seeing how I am also afflicted with a fabric addiction and a cheap skate syndrome I keep telling him and myself that I must not untill..... Well just got a sales flyer from a chain store here stateside called Joann on web at http://www.joann.com/ they are listing the Sizzix Big Kick as reg price us dollars (Euro) as $99.99 (75.58) and the Cuddlebug as $89.99 (68.02) with the sale price for either machine as $59.99 (45.35) online only until 11:59pm EST 20/12/2012

If your local shop will price match that for you Fiona I think you may find an extra die or two that can be slipped in the stocking compliments of the savings!!! Curious what the average price you ladies see these for at your local shops?

Enjoy all the new quilty goodies that find their way to you and yours this holiday!

Posted by Fiona on 09/12/2012 19:27:17:

That's what I get my ladies to do, Katy - I think you should use either the marks on the ruler OR the mat and not muddle them up as there can be a difference, no matter how accurate you are.

There is a special florourescent tape for marking on rulers but masking tape works fine for me and is cheaper too!

Very excited, though - DH has bought me a cuttlebug for xmas. Don't know which dies he has ordered yet but he spoke to our local craft shop and she is ordereing them for him and will match whatever deal he found on the net, so good for him and good for local business too!

Laura Marx19/12/2012 05:23:31
55 forum posts
28 photos

Direct link below will take you to the ad for the sale priced cutters here in the states!

http://www.joann.com/search/_sizzixcuttlebugpromo/

Mal-A19/12/2012 16:47:04
1210 forum posts
168 photos

Margaret

lovely tumble die cover, looks like you are really enjoying your sizzix machine.

Mal

pamela jeffrey19/12/2012 16:52:00
3192 forum posts
114 photos

Love the throw Margaret

My type of colours

Pam

Katy20/12/2012 10:53:21
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Your throw for DH is gorgeous Margaret! I love it, and it sounds like the sizzix cut the work down very well.

Fiona04/01/2013 15:31:55
3117 forum posts
471 photos

Oooh, I'm getting excited! I got my cuttlebug for Christmas but the dies hadn't arrived. Today I popped into the craft shop and the owner said the dies are on the delivery invoice for today so fingers crossed that DH will be able to collect them tomorrow. Maybe I should get a move on and finish some things today so that I have a clear deck for playing?????

margaret wright 104/01/2013 16:48:47
4 forum posts
1 photos

Hi, just reading these posts. I have an Accuquilt Baby, and many of the dies for the Go - in fact, the most useful - are compatible. It was a present last year, and I vowed only to buy the dies I would really us. I have the 21/2" strip, the 'apple core' and the tumbler. Several of the posts say how quick they are, and that's true - I made a set of apple core placemats for my son and his partner for a housewarming gift, and they were SO quick to do. I'd probably now only buy a Xmas applique assortment - I think if you choose your dies and shop around for the machine (the Baby was just over £100 and is very solid) it's an accurate and useful addition to your tools. The strips, I agree with Teresa above - if you have arthritis or any other hand problem, the rotary cutter/ruler can go awry. I sometimes have to get my husband to turn the Baby handle for me, but usually it's fine, and accuracy guaranteed. Never used a Sizzix, so don't know about them.

Margaret S04/01/2013 20:04:52
4000 forum posts
750 photos

Throw using Tumbler Die My last project for 2012. A throw for the seat and arms of my chair. Started on 27 December and finished on 31 December. In real life it is more pearlised and buttery. The colours are cream and shades of beige with a bit of metallic and a bit of apricot.

I am still working on my apple core but that is taking a little longer as I am hand sewing the rows.

Margaret

Margaret S04/01/2013 20:06:49
4000 forum posts
750 photos

The latest February magazine has a competition to win a Sizzix Big Shot with a set of hexagon dies.

Margaret

Katy04/01/2013 20:11:41
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Thanks Margaret, I was going to say that! You can enter online too. I got distracted by visitors, and then by making my ATC, on my new machine (which I was quite disappointed by over Christmas, but I think it was because of being ill, cos I liked it very much this afternoon!)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
The Cotton Patch
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues