By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Marlene's Slice.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Marlene Hutchinson20/08/2012 18:15:42
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

This is a new addition to my sewing equipment and just finished Bath Time Bag...this little machine makes applique easy and quick..lots of design cards to choose from and I have just 4 but there are lots of shapes/alphabets/numbers to cut from 1/2" to 4" in size..I think it will compliment the Accuquilt Go machine which cuts multi layers...the Slice only cuts one at a time.

I am going to use the Slice to do scrapbooking as well as it cuts paper and card also other things which I have not tried yet.....love it....will post more pictures of future projects.

Bath Time Bag

Cheerio,

Marlene face 23

pamela jeffrey20/08/2012 19:40:15
3192 forum posts
114 photos

I have seen this it looks very use full. the alphabet and numbers would be my favourite ones.

Bye Pam

Marlene Hutchinson20/08/2012 21:00:42
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

Pam,

The letters and numbers were why I bought it in the first place as I had priced the Accuquilt Go dies and they cost the same as the slice and they are just one size!

When I got the design card and tried the applique shapes they were a great bonus...I have my eye on a few more design cards....mostly for children's quilts....I am doing more for project Linus later in the year.

Cheerio,

Marlene face 23

Janet M20/08/2012 23:23:50
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

Marlene,

I watched a demo of the SIZZIX machine at the PP stand on Saturday, that was pretty neat, it cuts multiple layers of fabric at a time, you can win one too, at least you could at the show and I forgot to fill a form out. Grrrr what a donut!!!

Have you made your decision yet??????????

Dying to know, nosey old vamp aren't I?

I heard that....

Forgot to say, super bag, you will make good use of the motif dies...are they called that???

vamp

Edited By Battyjan on 20/08/2012 23:44:41

mandy20/08/2012 23:37:20
1063 forum posts
152 photos

Marlene the bag looks lovely, I've never seen the slice but nearly bought an accuquilt while we in the states earlier in the year (much cheaper over there)but was a good girl and decided I didn't need it , now we have a little person in the family I will be wanting to make lots of things for her so this could be useful.

Mandy

pamela jeffrey21/08/2012 07:39:50
3192 forum posts
114 photos

Manyd

The Accuquilt is great, Not some thing you use every day, but some lovely dies with that to.

Bye Pam

Marlene Hutchinson21/08/2012 08:09:30
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

Jan

I am going to make a quilt this week and try it out on the machine I have....I will do roses and leaves on it as my DD's friend wants that...I can then compare it with the longarm finished one she has....will make my mind up about Sweet Sixteen after that.

They call the motif's/applique shapes design cards...same thing really.

Mandy

The Accuquilt go is just great for multi cuts and I used it to cut sticky backed felt for DH's project last week...cut 80 small stickers for the legs of the wooden stools he makes for charity...boy was he pleased...what will I use it for next I wonder ..he he.

Making a start on quilt today.

Cheerio,

Marlene face 23

mandy21/08/2012 10:01:21
1063 forum posts
152 photos

Hmmmm....I going back to Florida in November so might just see about the accuquilt Go-just checked the prices on Amazon and the U.S site is approx £50 cheaper.might be just what I put on my list to Santa,my mam is always asking what she can get me for birthdays and christmas so I'm sure she would be happy to buy some dies............it's looking good.

Mandy

Katy21/08/2012 17:12:50
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Marlene what did you think of the Sweet 16 at FOQ? I'm nosey too, I know you haven't decided yet, but I'd love to hear what you thought of the sales pitches, and what you tried out.

Edited By Katy on 21/08/2012 17:40:08

Marlene Hutchinson21/08/2012 17:21:33
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

Katy,

I liked it but pricey...am trying out my Mega quilter this week end hopefully and will post pictures to compare with long arm...I really want it to be the same.

Cheerio,

Marlene face 23

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
bredons
Sarik
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues