By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

How will you get to the F.O.Q??

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
mandy24/06/2012 11:48:10
1068 forum posts
153 photos

I was thinking about going to the FOQ at the NEC this year as I've never been- due to the long drive !!!! I was going to make a weekend of it and book accomodation but ......our first grandchild is due on the 26th August so I don't want to risk it, I'll just have to save myself for Harrogate at least I can decide last minute for the quilt show at the end of August but will certainly be at the knitting and stitching show in November. Maybe next year unless I'm babysitting laugh

Mandy

Katy25/06/2012 14:24:31
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

HI Mandy, FOQ is very good, but not worth missing a first grandchild for! We'll take lots of photos for you!

Fiona27/06/2012 13:46:21
3138 forum posts
486 photos

Woo hoo - I'm coming too!!!!! Had an offer of a lift for the Saturday so am so excited I'll get to go after all! So I'll be a passenger in two cars - once by DH at an earthly time of day as he takes me over "to the mainland" for my lift, then up to FOQ and reverse the process in the late afternoon.

Tessa27/06/2012 14:00:25
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

That's good news Fiona...

Tessa xx

Janet M28/06/2012 01:05:28
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

That is good to hear Fiona, I hope you manage to meet up with lots there. I was a bit concerned when you said you were in TWO CARS!!!!!!!!

vamp

Fiona28/06/2012 11:26:32
3138 forum posts
486 photos

May need two cars to bring back the shopping.....! wink

Carol B28/06/2012 16:12:02
3003 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

I will be staying over for the first time. Have a 20 min walk to the station, then a 10 min train journey to meet up with my sil. We then have approx 2 hours on the train to Birmingham International. We are staying at the Etap. I think we can get the monorail to the airport and walk to the hotel but if anyone knows for certain I would appreciate further info.

We are getting there Thursday afternoon and can perhaps meet up with anyone staying that night. Then ready for prompt start Friday & Saturday mornings to make the most of 2 days there. Hoping to meet as many of you as possible, then return home Saturday eve.

Following posts from previous years I think I had better take an extra large suitcase with me for all those things I might buy that I don't really need but know that I will find a use for.

Jan, I do hope that you might go, it would be lovely yo meet up with you & be able to thank you properly for all those great swaps you keep organising smiley

Should be a great FOQ

Carol B

Marian T28/06/2012 18:01:59
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Hi Carol
Yes, those of us staying at the Etap will probably go together after breakfast (as last year) so please join up with myself, Kim, Tessa, and anyone else who is staying there. We will be eating at the Airport restaurant as the food, we found was much nicer and cheaper and as we will be across the road (2mins) from Etap where we get the Shuttle (5mins or less to NEC) then a bus to the door nearest FOQ and it's all free Carol for the shuttle and courtesy bus and the service is great. Looking forward to meeting you as I will arrive Thursday afternoon too. And you get to be one of the COMIN THROO CREW.....too!
Marian face 23

Carol B28/06/2012 20:18:35
3003 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Hi Marian

Thanks for all the info. I am looking forward to meeting you. Dh thinks I am crazy as I just whooped and said I can be in the 'Comin Throo Crew' at the FoQ. I shall leave him mystified, wouldn't want him to think I am going to have too much fun in August! wink

Carol B

Marian T28/06/2012 21:31:40
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Hahahaha
Last year we agreed that 'what happens at FOQ, stays at FOQ' - Just ask Katy...........wink 2 We know nuffink m'Lud....we weren't there cos we are genteel ladies and were in bed by 9pm with a book ......am I right Katy? hahahaha
As for the COMIN THROO CREW!!!!! Well...............................all are welcome!

Marian cocktail

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners