Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Irene B22/06/2012 18:54:48
4433 forum posts
405 photos

I've got my train ticket, Ibis hotel booked and FoQ tickets teeth 2

Irene rose

Jenny Silk22/06/2012 20:12:47
1 forum posts

Lucky me my train ride is about 30 mins so a lift to the station is all i'll be needing! Looking forward to a forage at the NEC

Janet M23/06/2012 00:05:11
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

WOW, that is amazing, so many different ways of getting there, with friends or meeting up. That is great and of course it is what it is all about to my mind anyway.

I see from the messages it looks as though Tessa is the only one so far taking any classes.....

So come on Tessa, spill the beans, what are they for????

Make us all jealous wishing we had booked a class....

I can't believe our Ange is NOT doing a class......

vamp

Angela23/06/2012 10:40:04
1718 forum posts
369 photos
11 articles

No not this year Jan...I was a bit disillusioned last year especially after I paid £35 for 1/2 day then had to pay more for supplies she was providing which we were not told about!! The best classes are the quick & easy workshops but even those were not as good as the previous years So i thought I would save my money and just go for 2 days and spend my money on supplies and fabric I don't really need but won't tell DH that ...LOL!!

Ang

Tessa23/06/2012 21:32:01
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Hi Jan.

Taking a class gives me a chance to give the new knee a rest....even though we've been together now for 15 months. It loves to swell if I'm on my feet too long....soooo...

One class is 'Rag Quilting'...just for fun...and the other is 'Plaited Placemats' also just for fun. I know I should have saved the money for fabric, but ... I have enough stash to make a million quilts and I will probably still buy more....but hey ho.... both classes are back to back, so don't worry I won't be gone long.

Took my class today with Dawn Cameron-Dick at Quiltworks in Gamblesby....learned quite a bit about threads and all the different needles there are available to use....There is always something new to learn. A great day with 12 other ladies.

Tessa x

Chris - Isle of Man23/06/2012 23:11:07
401 forum posts
45 photos

Well I'll be up at 6 - then 15 minute drive to ferry, sit around for 3/4 hour waiting for it to leave - 3 hour ferry trip to Liverpool then drive down to NEC arriving Thursday and going home on Sunday. Loads of room for my goodies in the car though

Tessa23/06/2012 23:17:50
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Hi Chris,

It would be nice if we could all meet up on Friday....the gang normally decends on the Popular Patchwork stand at some point or another....and I think we are going out for a meal at the airport on Friday evening. Mind you, the food at Ibis next door to Etap hotel is ok, but for a 5 minute walk you'll get a much better meal at the airport, so I'll (and probably some others as well) will be going over to Frankie and Bennies for the time we are there.

If you want to share your mobile number with anyone, just PM it to the person you need to contact. I've got quite a few numbers already. Looking forward to meeting you.

Tessa x

Janet M23/06/2012 23:20:35
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

You will have great fun if you all manage to meet up. Shame I wont be there to see you all. sad

vamp

Chris - Isle of Man23/06/2012 23:23:08
401 forum posts
45 photos

Yes Tessa it will be good to meet up and i'll certainly visit the PP stand and I'll also look out for the hat brooches.

look forward to joinIng you all at F&B's on Friday evening

X

Edited By Chris - Isle of Man on 23/06/2012 23:23:33

Tessa23/06/2012 23:34:09
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Jan....are you not going at all this year?

T x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners