By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

How will you get to the F.O.Q??

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tessa21/06/2012 21:33:19
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Hi Marian, looking forward to some 'coming though' shinanigans again this year....wahoo ! ! !

Tessa xx

Marian T21/06/2012 22:01:39
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Me too. Can't wait to catch up with the Comin Throo Crew again.....

M xx

Claire Bear21/06/2012 22:28:18
1846 forum posts
411 photos

Well I have only been once but for me my journey would go like this......

shout at my husband to hurry up as we need to leave. Get in the car. Wait while hubby gets out the car goes back in the house to find the forgotten item...tissues....sunglasses etc.

Get more fed up when he decides that we need petrol and then he wants to check the oil & water. All delaying tactics in my view.

We then get on the M1 and head North. This is usually accompanied by some debate over a particular subject for instance how bored he will be looking at quilts and sewing things.

An hour and 45 mins later we arrive ar the NEC. Me becoming excited with hubby rolling eyes all the while.

I then proceed to drag him around venue for 3 hours until he gets fed up and decides to meet me at the car. A further hour is then spent buying all the things I can't buy while he's hanging around.

I then walk back to the car with my bounty and then repeat the journey home!

Heaven. :0)

Janet M21/06/2012 23:08:15
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

Hi Claire,

Oh that has had me in stitches, what a laugh, but I bet we can ALL relate to that in one way or another. Hubby gave up coming to quilt shows with me years ago, although I have to say he quite enjoyed them and was my personal official photographer for the day, nowadays it is nattynet, who is of course my daughter....not a lot of peeps know that.

You can wave at NN going to the train station as you go past on the M1.

Thank you so much for the laugh.

vamp

Janet M21/06/2012 23:09:51
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

How interesting to see all the different ways peeps get to the FoQ.

I am sure the 'coming thru' crew will all meet up again, one way or another and possible this year have a few extras....

Does Bridget know about you I wonder??????? hee hee

vamp

Juliet21/06/2012 23:23:44
2101 forum posts
162 photos

I am very lucky, drive to a friends house in Harpenden about five miles. Janet will then drive four of us to NEC. Arrive about 10 30 go home about 4 oclock on Thursday, this is the 3rd year she has taken us. Luckily I have a Blue Badge so we can park in the disabled car park which is close and free, thats probably why they take me ( only kidding)

Juliet x

Claire Bear21/06/2012 23:29:27
1846 forum posts
411 photos

Hi Juliet,

I live in Luton and my brother lives in St Albans. I grew up in Elstree.Ii love Harpenden and would love to live there one day.

Claire :0)

Claire Bear21/06/2012 23:34:06
1846 forum posts
411 photos

I'm glad I made you laugh Jan!!! We are a bit of a comedy act my hubby and I. He always protests about these things but I always find him chatting to the stall owners, having a good natter. I think he enjoys it really! wink

Janet M22/06/2012 00:06:33
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

Course they do or they just wouldn't go.

Kimberly22/06/2012 06:20:28
1145 forum posts
165 photos
1 articles

Thanks to Tessa, this year I'm riding with a quilt buddy. Last year, I got a great deal on a return ticket to the NEC (£28) Thanks to the powers that be the ticket went up in price (£48)this year. So Tessa and her guy are playing taxi for me.

Last year's trip which was supposed to be pretty straight forward, became; Doncaster to Sheffield, Sheffield to Derbyshire, Derbyshire to Birmingham central, then another train to the airport. I was lugging, suitcase full of wine, clothes, supplies for classes, another bag of supplies, camera and of course handbag. This year, no classes! the supplies for last years classes weren't needed for the most part and that's it!

Kimmers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners