By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

How will you get to the F.O.Q??

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
nutty net21/06/2012 14:40:38
1095 forum posts
100 photos

Hellooo out there!!!

Sitting on my bum doing nowt, as per normal and I wondered how other people got to the Festival of Quilts!

When we go, we get a bus to town which takes half an hour, then another bus to the train station which takes about five minutes, the train takes an hour and then the walk from the station to the Nec about twenty minutes (could be more as it's been a year!) then it's all repeated on the way back.

How do you get there???

NN thinking

Katy21/06/2012 14:53:56
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

NN are you bored?!?

I walk to the village, 10mins, get a bus if there is one (10mins) and the walk to the train station (another 10mins), or walk straight to the train station (30mins) if I can't stand waiting for the bus, which is what usually happens. However, I have a suitcase and my laptop, and my handbag, and my big camera, so walking is a bit of a struggle!

Then I get on a train for an hour or two, and change anywhere between 1 and 3 times, arrive at the NEC and rush down the travelator/corridors to the PP Stand in FOQ by about 8.30/9am and wait for the Bag Drop to open, where I dump all my belongings, so we can all stop falling over them on the PP stand. Then I go and sneakily look at the quilts and try and take photos before you lot arrive!

Di T21/06/2012 14:56:55
1141 forum posts
31 photos

This year it will have to be bus to town (10mins), bus to station 5/10 mins then train and walking from station to NEC like Nutty Net!

Di

nutty net21/06/2012 15:03:53
1095 forum posts
100 photos

Hi Katy,

Yes it would appear so!!! Have got plenty to do but no motivation to do it!! Really want a glass of wine but not allowed until tomorrow!!! Grrr!!

NNcocktail

nifty fifty21/06/2012 18:15:22
46 forum posts
14 photos

Hello all, i was lucky enough to go to Gallway F.O.Q. this year (pressie from hubby) and it was lovely. Only drawback we went with only hand luggage so couldnt buy too much( do you think hubby planned that??) Anyway had a fantastic week end with loads of ideas.

Irene B21/06/2012 18:30:34
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Hi NN! I shall go up the A2 by car (10 mins) to Ebbsfleet International. Get on train to St. Pancras (18 Mins) Walk to Euston station (10 mins). Get on train to NEC (1hr 15mins). Take bag to hotel (5 mins) 25 min walk to exhibition centre. Going Friday/Saturday.

Nifty fifty, lucky you going to Ireland. I did think about going, but now I have something in the International section on display at FoQ, so wanted to go there.

Irene rose

Marian T21/06/2012 19:00:56
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Hi NN
This year, going to daughter's in Suffolk and then to NEC from there sooooo
Get bus from Kim's to Beccles - 35 mins; call into favourite newsagents to get load of quilting mags for the journey - 25 mins to get and walk 5 mins to station; train to Liverpool street - over an hour???; board train to NEC approx. - one hour ish; on monorail to hotel - 10 mins; book into hotel and drop case in room - 30-40mins; back on monorail to NEC - 10 mins; phone quilty friends to arrange to meet - 10 mins......then look at quilts, stalls, spend money etc etc etc...
Sorry NN if it's a bit vague but never done the trip from Kim's before.... heehee but have to see my grandchildren while I have a chance. I have to travel home on Sunday as back to work on Monday crying
M xxx

Ros21/06/2012 20:26:39
1040 forum posts
185 photos

Hi Nutty Net, First year I went (2010) the journey was by car/train etc and was never ending, though quite pleasant as I was with a friend and spent the journey chatting about life and quilting things. Last year I went on my own and as I only had a couple of hours free I drove (hour and a half each way) and it was a breeze. Parking was straightforward and very close, so this year that will be my preferred option. Will probably be there on Saturday.

Ros x

Tessa21/06/2012 20:54:45
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Hi Nut Nut,

I normally step outside the back door and into the car.....DP is driving me to Doncaster this year On Thursday morning, ( about 2 1/2 hours drive) picking up Kimmers, then onto the hotel at Birmingham Airport which is another 1 1/2 hour drive. He continues on to Worcester and stays with family, then comes back to Hotel on Sunday morning, is picking up Kim and I, taking her home, then heading back to Penrith from Doncaster.....hopefully in time to pick Abbie up from the kennels.

Really looking forward to a few days away just before the wedding. I'll be ready for some me time with myself and my quilting buddies.

Tessa x

Marian T21/06/2012 21:11:31
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Hear Hear Tessa
M xx

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners