By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Accuquilt Go Machine

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Marlene Hutchinson12/05/2012 18:44:59
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

Hi everyone who is interested in the Accuquilt Go machine and dies.

I got this last year between new kitchen and sewing room so I haven't used it much yet and there has been interest in various posts so I thought I would start this one and let you all know how I am getting on with the dies I have.

I got a good deal with my machine..two dies and a book and free postage so it pays to shop arround....the two dies are just 5" which has two squares on it....the other has 4",2" squares and two triangles....I think it is for stars and square in square etc..the book I haven't made anything out of yet.

In my album I have put two baby quilts I made with applique dies and Autum Days quilt which I used the leaf die.

The quilt above was made using 5" square die.....you get 12 squares out of a fat quarter and if you position it just right the only waste is a small slither at the top and a two inch long strip at bottom...also about 3" at side...so the two inch strip and 3 inch strip would not be wasted.

I thought I would never use this die but with only 12 fat quarters and 4 yds this quilt was made in no time at all..

Might now sort out 5" charm packs for ebay....sometime.

Cheerio,

Marlene face 23

Edited By Marlene Hutchinson on 12/05/2012 18:51:12

Edited By Marlene Hutchinson on 12/05/2012 18:53:41

Karen9p12/05/2012 19:48:36
516 forum posts
116 photos

Hi Marlene,

i treated myself to an accquilt go for christmas, i have the 12" mix and match set, this year i decided i want to get the alphabet and numbers which have come in really handy. I am selling the letters on ebay, thay are selling although slowly at the moment but i have only been doing it for a couple of months.

I have also bought the zoo die and the elephants so i can applique onto quilts.elephantszooletterslove Karen x

Karen9p12/05/2012 20:04:16
516 forum posts
116 photos

Hi,

i didnt say that i have made a couple of things this is my half square triangles quilt.half square triangleslove Karen x

pamela jeffrey12/05/2012 20:08:44
3192 forum posts
114 photos

Hello

I love my Accuquilt, got for Christmas and Birthday last year.

Got quite a few dies now. the best been the Dresden plate. Not some thing I use every day but nice when I need to.

Love both the quilts.

Bye Pam

June12/05/2012 21:30:50
335 forum posts
55 photos

Thanks for posting this. I have looked at getting one but feel they are just too expensive to justify but, saying that, if I had the spare cash.... Love seeing your quilts x

Fiona12/05/2012 21:39:02
3134 forum posts
486 photos

Mmm, I had been going to report back after trying one at my group this week but I won't be there as it's little one's birthday. So I am happy to see that people are making good use of the ACCUquilt machine. As I don't have money to spare, I won't be buying one personally, but it also looks as if it may be a good buy for someone with limited physical ability to cut out fabric. Would that be right?

Marlene Hutchinson12/05/2012 22:11:17
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

Fiona,

You just turn the handle and hey presto 12 squares without any effort....I think easier than rotary cutter but thats just me.

Karen,

Those dies are lovely...numbers and letters are on my wish list.

I will try out another die next week hopefully.

Cheerio,

Marlene face 23

Glenda F13/05/2012 09:39:39
1643 forum posts
218 photos

It looks great do they come in two sizes? seam to think I remember they do would love one might save up to get one

Glenda

Marlene Hutchinson13/05/2012 09:58:34
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

Hi Glenda,

Yes they do come in two sizes...the Accuquilt Go which does all the dies...and the Go Baby which does the smaller dies, there are quite a lot of small dies. Don't know what they go for but do shop around and get best deals...they often throw in extras.

Been looking at the Tumbler die this morning...might give that one a try next week.

Cheerio,

Marlene face 23

Winnie the B.O.L.B13/05/2012 10:06:31
3353 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Thanks for all these posts, folks. As I said before, I had been thinking about the possibility of asking for one as a joint Birthday/Christmas from hubby and son. I wasn't sure about its value when this discussion started but am beginning to change my mind towards it being worthwhile - in certain circumstances. Definitely an "extra" but a fun one which is also useful and accurate (?)

Love Margaret xx.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues