By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

4 Seasons Row by Row

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Katy25/01/2012 10:38:16
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
Hi everyone, I've finally got around to sorting out out row by row idea. The winning theme was 4 seasons, so if anyone would like to join in with this years ROQ (Row of Quarter rather than Block of Month!) here are the details.

We are going to make a quilt. or set of 4 wallhangings for ourselves, there's no swapping involved in this one. Each quarter, you make one section of the quilt corresponding to the current season. We're still in winter here, so you can start with winter now, or start with spring in March if you prefer.

Each season row should be 6 x 24in finished size. You can choose any design or technique for this panel, you can piece it with blocks or just use one large block, and just have fun. Just make something you like, and that you can carry on with for the other three rows.

There will be three spacer rows which are 3 x 24in, and again you can do whatever you like in those. I am planning to put 3in pieced blocks in mine, but it is up to you.

You can use your rows to build a quilt, or to make a set of seasonal wall hangings if you prefer.

I've made a rough design as an EXAMPLE, this is not what you have to make!

Katy25/01/2012 10:41:26
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
This is just an idea, this has four 6in blocks in each season row and eight 3in blocks in each spacer row. I am not suggesting that you make this actual quilt, this is just to illustrate the idea!

Edited By Katy on 25/01/2012 10:46:19

Sandy25/01/2012 12:02:31
1169 forum posts
174 photos
This looks lovely Katy - so sweet.
Tessa25/01/2012 12:36:45
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
This looks like fun Katy...
Tessa x
Margaret S25/01/2012 13:25:27
4004 forum posts
751 photos
I like the look of this, Katy. Will get my thinking cap on.

Margaret
Marlene Hutchinson25/01/2012 13:31:24
1234 forum posts
1650 photos
Hi Katy,
I too will give this one some thought...looking forward to it.
Cheerio,
Marlene
rosemary Rosenfeld25/01/2012 14:01:11
5841 forum posts
1710 photos
13 articles
Great work Katy, your idea does look good BUT I will try to think of my own!!
Best
Rosemary
Myra of Cheadle25/01/2012 14:28:47
590 forum posts
128 photos
Dear Katy,

Oh, I get it now...... that explains my query about landscape and portrait from last year!
I offered to try to design a row / season for you.....

My business was called Four Seasons Accountancy but has changed to All Seasons Accountancy since my Mum died - and also to make the time-period covered obvious to myself or any others people who may-be interested in why there is a gap of about 13-18months with no "work" - It's hard to care full time and work full time!

I've sent a PM and FB messages to you too  - I'll reflect on this (the 4 seasons row by row)  [4srbr]  - if we were knitters that might work?  ... and draw my initial ideas soon - I don't have EQ.... of any number!  Pencil crayons or felt-tips on paper for me. 

I suppose I should "do" All Seasons rather than 4 seasons or a block and "filler" rows for the quarter - but I don't want an impossible task!

Must submit MY Self Assessment return........ fairly soon!

TTFN

Myra (In Gatley)

Edited By Myra in Gatley on 25/01/2012 14:32:15

Chloe W26/01/2012 21:53:42
211 forum posts
50 photos
Katy,

That's a lovely idea. It's going to be hard to think of my own idea now!

Chloe.
Carol B02/02/2012 15:57:23
3003 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles
Hi Katy,
I like your sample quilt. It is a good idea and the theme can be interpreted lots of different ways to suit all tastes.

I am hoping to take part in this ROQ, I really enjoyed the UR block of the month (mind you I haven't put my blocks together yet ). I need to sort out space and time yet but the nice thing about this is I can work at my own pace.

I may even do it as 4 separate wallhangings, lots of thoughts going round in my head now - no wonder DH thinks I am in a world of my own half the time - I am, it's called Quilter's World
Thanks for organising the idea

Carol B

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
The Cotton Patch
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues