UFO Zapping 2012

Off we go again!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Fay Morris23/01/2012 13:50:40
437 forum posts
79 photos
Hello Mal-A and everyone else
The cushions are beautiful and a good way to practice that wonderful quilting you did on them.
I think this forum is a terrific way to get rid of UFO's. For the same reason that my UFO's are just that - I haven't taken photos of my list - but hopefully I will do so in the next few days. But it works well on the basis - If you can do it - so can I! YES, WE CAN!
UFO
No 1 - work in progress, the wonderful blocks I was sent in the block swap and have been waiting patiently to "turn" into a quilt.
No 2. two nearly finished bags (one based on the pattern in the popular patchwork's bag magazine of 2 years ago  I liked it from the beginning but it took some time to get it done.
No 3. A flower collage quilt - Most of it ready . The top needs to be put together and the quilting done.
No 4 A kalidescope quilt where the main part and 8 other stars are ready
No 5 The diamond quilt - the middle section is ready and there is a picture of it in my album. There are quite a few blocks ready too (3 1/2") - Perhaps I will turn it into a table cloth for my daughter.
No 6. An unstarted quilt for my musician granddaughter ( only in the uncut material form)
I also have to make a baby quilt by March.....only 2 months to go!) - it isn't a UFO - just a pormised one! - will take part of the time needed for the UFO's

Well, I wish everyone luck and I am sure you are doing it for me!
Lets give a virtual "pat on the back" to everyone who gets a UFO out of the depths of the closet - and sends it on its way
love to all
Fay
Margaret S23/01/2012 14:37:50
4045 forum posts
766 photos
Well done Chloe and Mal. You are both showing the way. Love the whiteness of the cushions, Mal. Came online because my shoulders are killing me as I have been traditional machine quilting UFO #7. It has got to be ready to go to Africa in 2 weeks time! It's much bigger and nearly zapped now.

Margaret
Katy23/01/2012 14:42:23
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
Woohoo Margaret! Very good work, nearly done!
Chloe W23/01/2012 14:50:43
211 forum posts
50 photos
Thanks Katy

Wow, sounds like we've all made a good start on our UFOs - just need to keep up the good work for the next 10 months

Chloe.
quilt and patch23/01/2012 16:57:40
3494 forum posts
636 photos
Can't wait to see no.1. finished Fay Think of you everyday with the lovely key ring you sent on my handbagLove Liz x
Caz23/01/2012 21:25:25
2545 forum posts
273 photos
I have googled Candlewick knots,,,, is it called that cos that is all is used on the pattern?? Brilliant cushions, Mal!!

Caz
Mal-A23/01/2012 21:44:05
1210 forum posts
168 photos
Thank you ladies for your kind remarks. I am just glad I have something finished at last.

Caz, Candlewick knots are relaxing to do, another name for them is Colonial Knot.  Yes Caz the majority of Candlewicking is done by Colonial or the Candlewicking knot, but other stitches can be added, such as French Knots Stem Stitch and Back Stitch.

The Candlewicking Stitch is not where Candlewicking got it's name from - the name originated because of the cotton twist yarn used as the wick in candle making was traditionally used to sew the stitches with with.

Regards
Mal

Edited By Mal-A on 23/01/2012 21:54:44

Margaret S26/01/2012 14:46:53
4045 forum posts
766 photos

First one of the year. UFO #7 Zapped. Now measures 62" x 50". Colours are not true. Best my camera would do. Border around HSTs is actually purple. This charity quilt is hopefully going to Africa.

Margaret
Winnie the B.O.L.B26/01/2012 15:02:27
3367 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles
WOW - what a gorgeous quilt - true colours or not, it is superb - I hope I achieve that standard before I'm too old to sit at my machine for all the hours and with all the patience required to do that!!! It is also fantastic to "give it away" like that - well done that girl!
Margaret - the other one!
Mal-A26/01/2012 15:10:19
1210 forum posts
168 photos
Margaret
Your quilt is wonderful, love the colours. Really like the pattern between the outside borders.

Mal

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners