By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

2012 GENERAL FABRIC POSTCARD SWAP with BJ

Monthly Fabric Postcard swaps for the year 2012 are in here girls

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Current General Postcard Swap with Jan

Current General Postcard Swap with Jan

Find out your swap partners and see the latest photos from the November Autumn/Fireworks Swap here

Janet M03/01/2012 01:15:58
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles
Hi Everyone,

People who have signed up for this are....
Cathy T....Jackie....Maria....Marian....Myra....Margaret S....Helen G....
Irene B.... Liz ....Tessa ....Mal A....Fiona....Francoise....Sandy....
Jytte....Fay M....Anna East 1....Maggi B....Katy....Jill R....Jan......

OK, we will be making a FABRIC POSTCARD, one per month and we will swap amongst ourselves, I will give you a theme for the month, you make the card, I will tell you who to swap with.

A Fabric Postcard is just that a Postcard made from Fabric, there is never any paper or card inside these little gems, if there is it is not a genuine Fabric Postcard. By rights, there should be more than one fabric used on the fronts of the cards also, not just one piece of fabric, so do try to think about that girls.

The size of the Fabric Postcard MUST be 6" x 4" please note, I am not giving out metric as I really do not relate to those sizes. End of story.

6 x 4 is the Post Office preferred size for Postcards, try saying that when you have had a few...

You can if you wish put your card in an envelope to send it to your swap partner, but the real idea of them is to risk them going naked, if they get ripped or dirty in the PO machinery, so be it, that is the charm of these Postcards. Ihave in the years I have been making them only had two probably that have had a bit of damage. They are collectors items did you know that. People will pay quite a bit in USA for these girls.

I have sadly had non delivery of them, this means people have entered the swap and then not followed through, now I just know that is NOT going to happen here but we do have to have a sort of guideline on this, so I have come up with this.

If you do not send out your card to your partner twice in a row, you will be removed from swapping.

IF you are unable to make and send a card, LET ME KNOW, I do understand life sometimes gets in the way and things happen that we cannot forsee. I have already been informed by some they may not be able to do all the months and I am happy with it, I have them covered as it were.

I am not an ogre, well not a fully fledged one...YET... but honestly, it is so disappointing when you have sent yours out and not got one in return. It is also unfair. SO, that is what I will do and I hope you all agree with that. Two misses and out basically.

I can hear you all groaning and saying, doesn't she go on. Well yes I do somewhat I know but I am trying to be fair to us all, JUST LET ME KNOW FOLKS PLEASE.

Right, here we go then, if you are still with me in this group!!!!!!

The theme for January is....'BLAST OFF'

Oooooooo I hear you cry, what the heck is that? Well think about what we have just celebrated and if you are really really stuck, PM me and I will give you some ideas. Hubby and Di got it straight away...

I know I haven't given you your partners yet, but I am seeing if anyone else wishes to join in, probably not after my rant above. I was wondering about Ange?????

Edited By Katy on 03/01/2012 08:11:23

Edited By BattyJan on 26/03/2012 01:21:31

Fay Morris03/01/2012 01:33:09
437 forum posts
79 photos
Hi Jan
thank you for taking on this task and I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.
Since you have 19 members, I suppose we are going to make two a month otherwise this will be the 2012/2013 swap. Am I correct?
with love and best wishes
Fay
Janet M03/01/2012 01:53:41
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles
No only one per month Fay, I don't like to 'push' people too far.
It will work out don't worry. I have a plan!!!!!!! As ever... hee hee
Sandy03/01/2012 02:43:13
1165 forum posts
174 photos
Jan, help I cannot see all of your instructions - I wonder why?

there should be more tha..................... the fronts of the cards also, not just one piece of fabric,

See what I mean. I will work around it. This is an interesting theme - and how we fit in 18 swaps hmm - you are a devil.

So I am going to blast off - here I come or go!
Taa
Sandy

Edited By Katy on 03/01/2012 08:03:25

Sandy03/01/2012 02:46:57
1165 forum posts
174 photos
I see, The adds on the right hand side of the site page block some of your instructions. What do you mean Hubby and Di got is straight away??
Cheeky - you, never me!
Sandy
Jackie03/01/2012 06:44:49
409 forum posts
1 photos
Hi Jan
Fantastic beginning postcard - not a clue how I will design this but I love the fact that I now have to think - exactly what I need

Thank you for your hard work

Jackie

Katy03/01/2012 08:44:25
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
Jan's post is Ok now, you should be able to read it all
quilt and patch03/01/2012 09:16:21
3489 forum posts
636 photos
Yes Jan, I am still in for the postcard theme, even though you rant!!!!!!
Irene B03/01/2012 09:44:34
4433 forum posts
405 photos
Thanks Jan, the theme is brilliant! Well done for all your hard work on this.
Irene x
Tessa03/01/2012 12:12:38
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Blast Off eh?? Hmmm....good one Jan....will be thinking while DP is working.

Tessa x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
Janome
lewis and irene
C&T publishing
bredons
SewAndSo
Sarik
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues