2012 Birthday Club

2012 Birthday Club

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Katy12/11/2011 13:15:18
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
Cathy (and everyone) the option of fabric/block is up to the birthday lady. So when it is your birthday, you choose whether to receive blocks or fabric. When we're all sending to someone else, we have to send whichever that lady has chosen, you can't opt out of sending a block if that is what has been requested.
Does that make sense? At the moment we have 15 ladies, 7 have chosen blocks, 5 have chosen fabric, and 2 are undecided.
Angela12/11/2011 13:39:43
1718 forum posts
369 photos
11 articles
Oh dear...I don't know what to do! I'd love to join in and the thought of a nice bundle of FQ's for my birthday is very very tempting...if only it was just FQ's...hmmmm. I've got such a lot on next year, including a list of projects I've yet to make up for PP so sending FQ's would be perfect for me. How long do we have to decide?

I've taken part in them all so far and loved it! Although I haven't finished my butterfly quilt yet, it's all set up ready for quilting . My sew a row quilt I made from a group swap has all the batiks from last year's swap in it along with all the butterflies you all sent me when my mum passed away - I'm still part way through quilting that! I wish I could win the lottery and give up work and devote my time to something I really enjoy!! And I've got this year's swap still to look forward to - I've got a nice little pile of squishies in my shoebox ...so I'm still thinking

Ang x
Angela12/11/2011 13:45:01
1718 forum posts
369 photos
11 articles
Ah...just seen we have until 24th November so I've still got 2 weeks to make my mind up
Ang x
Claire Bear15/11/2011 00:09:40
1846 forum posts
411 photos
Please count me in!

This sounds really good and I only ever achieve things under pressure, so looking forward to it!

I will PM my details!
kate s15/11/2011 11:08:18
523 forum posts
20 photos
I was determined not to next year as, since September and the start of my AS Spanish I'm really struggling, but I'm also a deadline junky, and the fact that there are less blocks to make... And the necessity to fabric shop... And I may pick up the odd thing for myself... Tee hee hee!
I have enjoyed this year su much, and on the day of peoples' birthdays I've kept checking the forum in the hope of seeing the photo of all the blocks.
I'm very tempted and will give it some thought.
K x
Tessa15/11/2011 11:36:41
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Kate and Angela ... I'm umming and ahhing as well with the birthday swap for next year, but you know how it goes....if you don't say yes, then you sit back and see what everyone else is enjoying....so if you say yes, then I'll say yes...for sure.

And that goes for everyone else out there that is sitting on the fence. Get off those pickets and join in...the more the merrier.....

Tessa
Sandy15/11/2011 11:47:33
1169 forum posts
174 photos
Ooh this does sound like fun!! I am concerned with cost of postage to Australia though.
24 November - hmm thinking, thinking - will let you know Katy.
Mal-A15/11/2011 13:15:42
1210 forum posts
168 photos
Hi Katy
Count me in - I will pm you now

Mal
Angela15/11/2011 14:31:46
1718 forum posts
369 photos
11 articles
Hmmmm again...the thing that's really tempting me is that if I chose fabric that means about 20 FQs on my birthday :D...now that I would like! I'm definitely leaning towards saying yes...

Ang x
Tessa15/11/2011 14:47:18
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hey Ang....I've opted for fabric as I have some patterns I want to try and this would be a good way to have some fun.

Tessa xo

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners