By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Sewing Room Challenge

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ros14/10/2011 14:04:38
1040 forum posts
185 photos
Ladies,

I was just thinking as we have all been so inspired by Marlene's sewing room makeover, we could have a weekly challenge . . . to post pictures of our sewing spaces. I have spoken with Katy and she is very happy for me to do this.

Now before you panic! I was just thinking of one small aspect of your sewing space! If you are like me, then there will be little cubby holes all over the house, dreaming one day of a place like Marlene's or Jan's!

Okay so far?

So for this week I thought we could start with THREAD.

You may have the most wonderful collection of threads all beautifully displayed, or you may just have a few stuffed in a bag (like me - oops!) You are among friends, so come on . . . let's see them!

Ros

Tessa14/10/2011 16:40:31
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Ok Ros...I'm always up to a challenge...here's about 99% of my threads...1st picture is bits and pieces, 2nd picture is a 90 spool rack and the 3rd picture is an 80 spool rack...

Who's next ??
Tessa

quilt and patch14/10/2011 18:41:12
3489 forum posts
636 photos
Oh my goodness Tessa,what alot of threads.Mine are in a drawer and I will post pics when I have taken some.
Good idea Ros.I have some photos of when I transformed my daughters bedroom into my sewing room(when she left home) But as you are doing the things individually I will do same.Liz
Janet M15/10/2011 00:40:04
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles
Oh dear, all I am going to say is, I am sure I don't really have as many as Marlene!!!!

I do have a whole new batch I don't have pictures of as yet, but I think this is enough for you to get the general idea.
Sorry girls.
jan
Margaret S15/10/2011 08:50:31
3895 forum posts
693 photos
Small aspect of my sewing space? Thank goodness Jan beat me to it! My stash is quite big but not on that scale! Will try and take photos over the weekend.

Jan, are your general purpose threads cotton or polyester?

Tessa, Your threads are so neat and tidy. I try but I am not always successful!

Margaret

Edited By Margaret S on 15/10/2011 08:52:39

Margaret S15/10/2011 11:24:37
3895 forum posts
693 photos
Here are photos of some of my stash. There are 50+ reels dotted about elsewhere.
Thank goodness for 'Really Useful' boxes!

My cotton sewing thread

My cotton quilting thread
My polyester sewing thread. I don't use this much for quilting.
My metallics and rayon quilting threads
My rack of odds and ends.
Margaret

Edited By Margaret S on 15/10/2011 11:28:24

quilt and patch15/10/2011 15:44:15
3489 forum posts
636 photos
O.M.G (Goodness!) I don't know if I want to post mine now I have so few compared to you lot! I've only got a drawer of embroidery threads,a row of cottons and just one or two quilting threads.Hardly worth a photo Can I put up my photos of the transformation of my room Ros? Or would you rather I leave that until another time when you suggest? love Liz
Margaret S15/10/2011 16:05:01
3895 forum posts
693 photos
Liz, I bet you have more arty crafty things than me! My stash has got to this size because both my mother and mother in law sewed and their stashes are in mine now.

I have found some more since I took the photos this morning!

Margaret
quilt and patch15/10/2011 18:31:42
3489 forum posts
636 photos
OK here is my little stash of threads!

Tessa15/10/2011 19:15:16
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Well gang, you can certainly tell by all the photos that we women just love colour...

No matter how many threads you have, as long as you have the thread you need is all that counts.

Tessa x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Janome
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
bredons
SewAndSo
Search Press
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues