Orphan Blocks

request from project linus!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Lou23/06/2011 16:00:15
68 forum posts
19 photos
Hello!

I've recently taken on the role of sw cornwall co-ordinator for project linus.

I have a number of ladies who would like to sew 'orphan blocks' together to form quilts?

If anyone has any spares blocks that they would like to donate, it would be very much appreciated. They can be of any size or colour.

Also, if anybody knows of anyone in the SW Cornwall area who would like to make or get involved with linus, do let me know.

Lots of Love
Lou
18 Grange Road
Helston
Cornwall
TR13 8SJ

xxxx
Katy23/06/2011 16:45:28
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
Good luck Lou, I'm sure we can find some orphan blocks somewhere.
Tessa25/06/2011 18:41:30
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Lou,

Some months ago I was given some pre-printed panels for Childrens cot quilts....I also have matching backing fabric.....all they would need is a bit of wadding, some matching fabric for a binding and then quilted.

I have quite a few other projects on the go for Linus and I thnk I could spare a couple of these quilt cot panels if you would like them. Let me know and I'll get them out.

Tessa
Lou25/06/2011 20:07:48
68 forum posts
19 photos
Hi Tessa

That would be fantastic, thank you so much.

My address is 18 Grange Road, Helston, Cornwall TR13 8SJ

Thank you again

Lou
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tessa25/06/2011 20:36:03
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Lou,

I found one cot panel with enough matching fabric for backing and binding...and two separate cot panels, all 3 panels are different sizes. You'll need to find backing fabric or fleece for the 2 separate ones, but I'm sure you and your ladies will enjoy whatever you do.

Will get them in the post early in the week.

Tessa
Tessa29/06/2011 12:46:13
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Lou,

I posted an envelope to you this morning...you should have it by Friday or Saturday...hope you'll be able to use what's inside...they are really cute cot panels and would make great Linus quilts.

Tessa
Lou04/07/2011 13:38:34
68 forum posts
19 photos
Hi Tessa

I received your package today. Thank you so much, its all lovely and will make perfect quilts.

Also, thank you to ros who has sent me some fabric and blocks which arrived this morning. can't find you on here but thank you!

Lou
xxxxxxxxx
Tessa04/07/2011 14:03:44
5766 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
I'm so pleased they will be of some use Lou....I actually have 4 or 5 Linus quilt ready to go, so I need to get in touch with our local co-ordinator. If I ever have too many bits and pieces of fabric in the future, I'll think of you.

Tessa
Jeny M25/07/2011 22:51:53
76 forum posts
11 photos
Hi Lou,

I sent you some orphan blocks today - hope you can make use of them.

Jeny
Janet M26/07/2011 12:49:28
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

I am pretty sure I have some somewhere, if only I could remember where, it may take me a few days to find them, but I will send you some OB's. Will do me a favour really, more gaps for other stuff.

jan

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners