(also posted in the techniques thread)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Lou14/06/2011 10:15:18
68 forum posts
19 photos
Hello!

Can anyone help me?
I live in such a beautiful part of the world and i've recently been looking at scenery and thinking how wonderful it would be to paint it. Then i thought 'what if i could make it out of fabric instead'!

I've been reliably informed that to make a quilted picture is either a landscape quilt or a journal or miniature (can't remember how to spell that!) quilt. Is this correct?

Having gone back through some of my PP's, there are some fantastic examples but where on earth do i start?
Do i start with a photo? If so, do i then make a template from the photo? Some of the pieces will be quite small so do i applique these into a backing fabric and then quilt it?

The whole idea of the planning and then finding the fabrics and then putting it together is just beyond me! I haven't looked on the internet yet as i want to be sure i'm looking for the right thing.

I'm hoping somebody on here can help me?

Lou
Katy23/06/2011 16:43:33
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
Lou
Shall we add this one in to the new challenge?
Katy
Lou23/06/2011 17:11:49
68 forum posts
19 photos
Hi Katy

That would be good!

I've tried having a go with a small picture today but it looks a bit naff!! When i've finished it, i'll put a picture on here

thanks

Lou
xxxxx

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues

Shopping Partners