By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

International Irish Quilt Festival 2012

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ros18/03/2011 09:24:46
1040 forum posts
185 photos
A brand new quilt festival in Galway, ireland was announed yesterday!
Click here to read all about it.

Caz18/03/2011 11:54:20
2545 forum posts
273 photos
Now there's something to think about!! Mmm,, never been to Ireland!!!

Caz
Ros18/03/2011 12:01:17
1040 forum posts
185 photos
Oh Caz, its the most beautiful place! I've only been once (to the west coast - Kerry) and had the most marvellous holiday. It is so lovely, so peaceful, and the pace is so different from here. i would love to go to this, but it will be in the middle of my youngest's A level exams so not sure if it will be possible.

Angela18/03/2011 16:53:35
1718 forum posts
369 photos
11 articles
I'd love to go too but DS is getting married some time in June 2012 - no date set yet - but also I fancy the 10 day tour with Inkeke Berlyn but the cost is $1,834. I wonder if it's less from the UK??
Tessa18/03/2011 23:05:49
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Ros, I wonder if this quilt festival will be an annual thing. My grandfather was born in Ireland and I hope someday to go there and do a bit of research for the family. Sounds like a lovely place to visit, as I've never been before.

Tessa
Ros19/03/2011 08:19:29
1040 forum posts
185 photos
Hi Tessa,
My hubby's grandmother was Irish and my daughter has inherited the blond ringlet hair! When they were younger both my children learnt Irish dancing, so on St Patrick's night there was always a request for them to dress up and do their best jig at the parish evening.
Which part of Ireland was your grandfather from?
Ros
Tessa19/03/2011 09:17:53
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Morning Ros,

My grandfather was born in Armaugh (? - spelling), and was in the Irish Guards in WWI, my dad was born in Hendon, London and also was in the Irish Guards in WWI and WWII.

Oh how I would love to learn how to dance an Irish jig....somehow not sure if the knee could cope now at my age....but I do enjoy watching it.

Tessa

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
Sarik
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues