Friendship Block Swap 2011

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Katy06/01/2011 10:39:44
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
Hi everyone!

We think it's about time we started a new Friendship block swap! There are lots of ladies out there who have asked if they can join the current 2010 swap, so we're recruiting for a new set of swappers!

The idea is that you each choose a theme, and every month one person is chosen to receive blocks for their quilt. Each member of the swap group makes a block based on that theme and sends it to the lucky person of the month. Everyone gets a turn, and you can all choose your own theme. We all share photos of our blocks, so you can see the collections grow each month.

Anyone can join, it doesn't matter where you live in the world, or how experienced you are, you just have to commit to making one block per month for the duration of the swap. The length of time we swap for depends on how many people join, but based on experience so far, it is likely to be somewhere between 9 months and a year. Please think hard about whether you can commit to the swap for the duration, it is very hard on the other swappers if people drop out, especially if people have already made blocks for you.

If you would like to join, just send an email to katy.purvis@myhobbystore.com, with your email address, full address and chosen theme for your quilt blocks. The cut off date for sign up is 31st Jan 2011. 

Edited By Katy on 06/01/2011 10:48:55

Marian T06/01/2011 18:45:04
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles
Hi Katy
I've really enjoyed being part of the Friendship swap 2010 but have college coursework obligations this year so will abstain this time.

I'd like to say that those who haven't joined in this before, you will enjoy it so much as the friendship blocks are fabulous and its so exciting when its your turn. You may regret it if you don't join in while you can especially when the block photos are share on the forum here....

Marian  
Tessa06/01/2011 19:47:37
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Katy,

I'm thinking about joining this one....the Friendship Swap was fun, and I didn't join in on the Friendship Swap 2010, so am considering this one.  Was wondering though, does choosing one particular block pattern constitute a theme?? 

Tessa
Janet M07/01/2011 00:21:56
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles
Hi Katy,

I agree with Marian, ladies join this and get some wonderful gifts. You have to be in it to appreciate it.

I can't join Katy, I have promised myself time out this year, from just about everything, I have let so much slide I just want to catch up and relax whilst doing so.

Good luck with this and the forum though.

It has been great fun. Thank you.

jan x
Pam Wegener07/01/2011 01:10:31
145 forum posts
38 photos
Thank you Katy for getting this one going I am looking forward to being part of it. I have sent you my email.
Pam Weg
Katy07/01/2011 09:21:36
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
Tessa, yes you can choose one block, that's fine! It's your quilt, you can have whatever you like!
Margaret S07/01/2011 11:41:10
3905 forum posts
697 photos
Hi Katy

I am thinking of joining this one. Cann't decide on a theme. You know me and decisions!

Will you be chosing a specific block size this time? 2010 had one, 2009 did not. It does make it easier if they are all the same size.

Margaret
Katy07/01/2011 11:43:55
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles
Hi Margaret
I think the block size does make it easier, we were trying to be too flexible the first time! Everyone can choose their own block size though, they don't have to all be the same.

Go on, I'm sure you can think of something! You can always change your mind!
Katy
Margaret S07/01/2011 11:47:01
3905 forum posts
697 photos
Thanks Katy. Will do!

Margaret

Jenny B07/01/2011 16:43:38
80 forum posts
65 photos
I am considering joining the friendship  quilt swap         but i am not sure if i have details correct       as i see it i may choose a theme  of say animals or flowers and say what size square say 10in  then each month i am told another persons theme and size and i make a square and send it to them . sounds o.k. but our post is not at all reliable and what happens if a square gets lost. I have plenty of time during the winter   but once i get in the garden i have less time and i worry i might be late   I like the idea of having interesting mail (if and when it arrives)  I will let you know

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
Janome
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
Search Press
SewAndSo
bredons
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues