By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Festival Of Quilts Competition

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dusie04/01/2009 18:48:00
511 forum posts
42 photos

Hi, I feel like I would like to enter a quilt this year - for the first time. And wondered if anyone had any advice on where to start. I have the technical skills, but lack imagination.

Any advice would be greatfully received.

Thanks,

Susan.

Janet M04/01/2009 23:10:00
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

Hi Susan,

I was going to enter last year, but couldn't work out the entry fees, there seemed to be 2 separate ones. Unless I was having a SM reading the rules and entry form. Maybe you could let me know when you enter, and maybe next year. Certainly not this one. Too busy, but I wish you luck and look forward to seeing an entry from you at the show.

Janet 

Dusie05/01/2009 09:45:00
511 forum posts
42 photos

Hi Janet, 

It was even harder as the link for the entry form was not available in english, it didn't work, so I looked at the French one, and my school girl french got the general idea, but there were three categories of entry fee - hopefully when they send me the english one it will make more sense.

I was also considering the school one as I run a sewing club at the school, but they only just learnt to sew a button on, so maybe not this year!

SUsan.

Janet M05/01/2009 10:56:00
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles
How weird! I look forward to the info. Janet
Dusie05/01/2009 12:36:00
511 forum posts
42 photos

Here's the link - it is working now. Only £9 as I don't belong to the Quilters Guild.

http://www.twistedthread.com/uploads/pdf/FoQ%20Competition%20Registration%20Form%202009.pdf

Need to get my brain working now...........................

Katy05/01/2009 12:40:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Susan

I think the entry fee is £9 or £7 if you are in the Quilters' Guild. The £8 fee is for those belonging to other European Quilters Guild type organisations.

Which category do you like the look of? 

Katy

Katy05/01/2009 12:40:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Sorry Susan

Messages crossed!

Fiona05/01/2009 15:53:00
3115 forum posts
465 photos
Does anyone know if the Young Quilters/ Embroiderers category is open to any child or is just for members of those organisations?
Angela05/01/2009 16:08:00
1718 forum posts
369 photos
11 articles

I entered two quilts last year for the first time.  There was an initial registration fee then another fee when you submit your quilts.  I decided to collect my quilts at the end of the show to keep costs down.  This was a bit of a cattle market but once I got over the scrum and read the judges reports on my quilts I forgot all about that side of it and decided I would definitely enter again in 2009 .

This year I've deicded I'd like to go for the whole 4 days - last year I just did the weekend and was glad I did because there is just so much to see!  I went to two seminars - Ricky Tims and Uncle Bob & his Superior Threads - but this year I think I'd like to take a workshop or two too. 

I do have a quilt in mind to enter - but it might not be two this time.

So I'd better start saving up

Angela

Dusie05/01/2009 16:50:00
511 forum posts
42 photos

I didn't get any seminars or anything booked in time last year - didn't get babysitting organised in time, but I am planning sooooo far ahead this year.

This year the quilts you don't get the quilts returned until the end of the year as they will be doing the rounds of the other knitting and stitching type shows.

Oh, I get it now Katy - one entry fee depending on who you are - I was thinking it was a bit unfair that you had to pay extra if you did belong, now I  realise it is instead of. Sorry, not the brightest spark in the box.

I would love to enter a miniature quilt, but seeing the ones last year, I don't think I would be able to sew so tinily (?). I can still see the winning one with the umbrellas in my mind - such beautiful stitching and tiny bits of material.

Waiting for inspiration (and some money to drop onto my lap!).

I've just been to look at your work Angela, and it is lovely - you are much more arty than me - I keep trying to be arty and 'random', but it isn't working. I made the first part of my January journal quilt last night, trying to be arty - a Christmas scene, and my husband thought it was a shovel! Hey ho.

Susan.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
Janome
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Sarik
SewAndSo
bredons
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues