Underground Railroad Sampler

Based on Underground Railroad Quilt Blocks

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tessa10/09/2010 14:29:36
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Juliet,   Your Jacobs Ladder is great.  Love the colours.

Tessa
helen G10/09/2010 20:05:31
542 forum posts
7 photos
Hello Juliet.

Your block looks really good.  I have not begun yet, so far looking for fabric pieces discovered yet another UFO, will ignore that for time being. Tomorrow if we have no extras, Saturday often have extra grandsons to lunch after football practice. I will try to make a start.  I really like scrap quilts so will enjoy all these different blocks.

Helen G.
Juliet10/09/2010 22:15:26
2101 forum posts
162 photos
Hi Helen,

Looking forward to seeing your block enjoy your weekend.

Juliet
Irene B10/09/2010 22:15:55
4433 forum posts
405 photos
Super Jacob's Ladder Juliet
Irene B xx
Cathy Turner NZ11/09/2010 05:41:03
1416 forum posts
155 photos
Just got back from the quilt show, did not think it as good as last years one but still some super quilts on show.  Will load some photos for you to see, there were a couple I was really impressed with. 

Managed to buy a book called "Hidden in Plain View -  a secret story of Quilts and the Udnergound Railway"  which I am looking forward to reading.  I also decided to do the blocks for this in reproductive materials from the 1870's era.  Did not think I would find the material at the show but I did!  Have 10 colors so far and will go back to the shop when I need more as fortunately it is in Auckland.

It is raining here and is going to again tomorrow so yippee, more sewing is on the cards.  Mike has gone out to buy himself a wood lathe so feel justified in the amount I spent today (almost twice what I had intended but whose counting anyway)

Cathy
Marian T11/09/2010 10:42:37
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles
Hi Cathy

Thanks for sharing the photos from the Quilt Show Cathy. They are so brilliant...I am in awe of the creator's skills in producing them with such detail and depth. It's so lovely being able to virtually link up to a show on the other side of the world.

Keep quilting
Marian
Marian T11/09/2010 10:57:29
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles
Hi Tessa & Katy

Great idea Tessa.
I absolutely loved reading about the Underground Railway link in the Jennifer Chiaverini books and was fascinated by the stories about the quilts playing a big part in the salvation of so many people from slavery. I like to believe this was true despite historians questioning it What would they know?

I know it's free-choice for anyone to join in at any time, but I just wanted to say that I'm on-board the Undergound Railway Sampler train. As I'm so busy at work, I may be lagging behind a little but the fact that there are no deadlines suits me fine. I'll be trundling along behind like an old tired steam train, short of steam but I'm determined to reach the finish.

Looking forward to seeing the blocks that eveyone produces and the different fabrics and colourways used.

Marian
Kerstin11/09/2010 15:00:01
638 forum posts
118 photos
Hi ,

a wonderful story. I loved ready the books too. 

I been sneaking around this thread alot. Kept telling me no time. but what the heck. What is one more block and since íts the Jacobs ladder you are starting with - How can I resist. 

wonderful blocks so far to see. wonder what the next will be.

here is my  Jacobs ladder

rosemary Rosenfeld11/09/2010 17:30:01
5842 forum posts
1710 photos
13 articles
Hi Ladies,
here is my ladder, I am going to try to use up some fabric from the cupboard, mostly creams/beige/browns. I can always add some other colours if  I feel it needs it.

Thanks Tessa
Best wishes
Rosemary
Irene K11/09/2010 17:35:39
365 forum posts
11 photos
Very nice blocks Kerstin and Tessa, hope to be able to put mine up soon but off to a joint 40th birthday party tonight (DD & SinL) so hope to get going tomorrow.

Irene K

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
The Cotton Patch
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues