By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Underground Railroad Sampler

Based on Underground Railroad Quilt Blocks

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Cathy Turner NZ09/09/2010 09:50:52
1416 forum posts
155 photos
I knew you had escaped from somewhere, Tessa!  Canada, wasn't it?

Cathy
Cathy Turner NZ09/09/2010 09:52:58
1416 forum posts
155 photos
I looked this book up last night, really interesting.  Think I might get it out of the library, just so I can read the story behind it.

Cathy
Tessa09/09/2010 10:03:23
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Irene...nice to have you back where you belong.....

Cathy,..

Thank Heavens I didn't need to escape from Canada....but, yes, that's where I'm from and having a father that was born in Hendon, London I have the priviledge of being able to live in England as well.  Wahoo ! ! !

The book is very interesting Cathy, also the book written by Ann Petry about the life of Harriet Tubman - a 'conductor' on the Underground Railroad.  Fantastic story.

Tessa
Cathy Turner NZ09/09/2010 11:53:17
1416 forum posts
155 photos
Whats it called, might try to get that one as well.

I have just printed off Jacobs ladder and hope to start it on Sunday.  i am off to the quilt show on Saturday, looking forward to that. 

I also have my flyfoot to do for the swap, plus need to do more on the other three quilts I have on the go, so a busy weekend.  (oh no, no housework again this weekend, how sad, to bad!)

Cathy
Juliet09/09/2010 12:24:26
2101 forum posts
162 photos
Whats housework Cathy

Juliet
Cathy Turner NZ09/09/2010 12:53:54
1416 forum posts
155 photos
Ha ha Juliet, I vaguely remember it as being that thing I used to do before I started quilting.

well, I think thats what it was, my mind does not go back that far!

Cathy
pamela jeffrey09/09/2010 13:19:20
3192 forum posts
114 photos
Hello
No house work today in this house.

Here is my first block Jacob's ladder.  I would done it early wile the house is nice and quiet.

I need a cup of tea and then of to make some curtains for my daughter. will put block  away safe with fabric used.  Not really sure of my colour theme yet.. Hope ot Ok
Bye Pam
Tessa09/09/2010 13:39:22
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Cathy....the book is called 'Harriet Tubman, Conductor on the Underground Railroad' by Ann Petry....a true story and really amazing.  

Well, I think that today is definitely a good day for no housework....just look at what we're accomplishing.....  well done on the Sampler Block Pam...your Jacob's Ladder looks great. 

And Juliet....when you asked what housework was????  My brain revolted only to be calmed by the sounds of my sewing machine. 

Tessa
Patricia B09/09/2010 14:07:22
76 forum posts
71 photos
Good site for information about the Underground Railway on /www.nationalgeographic.com.

Patricia 
Tessa09/09/2010 14:08:39
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Thanks Patricia.... will have a look....

Tessa

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues