Underground Railroad Sampler

Based on Underground Railroad Quilt Blocks

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Chloe W24/08/2010 19:58:14
211 forum posts
50 photos
Hello Tessa,

I'm interested in having a go at this too.  I'm looking forward to reading the background to the sampler. 

Chloe. 
Aude24/08/2010 20:03:10
593 forum posts
87 photos
Hi Tessa
I'm up for it too. It will be the first time I've done anything like this so  am looking forward tp joining in!
Aude 
helen G24/08/2010 20:41:09
542 forum posts
7 photos
Hello Tessa.

I like the idea, did enjoy reading the book yonks ago.  Only thing is can we catch up if we get behind, some weeks I am able to do more than others, at the moment I am beginning to get sewing again.

I could probably use up a lot of material in the stash without buying more.
  Good idea Tessa, so wouldlike to be included.

Regards Helen G.
Tessa24/08/2010 20:47:02
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Ladies...

So good to see that there is some interest in this quilt adventure. 

This is not a block of the month that you need to keep up with.  I believe what Katy and I are going to do is post a quilt block name each month, with a brief history of the quilt block, and if you wish to do it you can....if you don't want to that month, there are no worries.  You can do them as you please.  There will be 15 blocks altogether and if you keep up on a monthly basis that's great...if not...you do them at your own speed.  All is fine either way. 

We just want to give everyone something to think about.  Of course I'll be doing them all, twice, as I will be making a finished quilt from one set and having a second set for demonstration at a talk I'll be giving at the end of this all. 

Tessa
Jeny M24/08/2010 20:51:18
76 forum posts
11 photos
This sounds really interesting.  I'd like to join in as well please.

Jeny
Jackie25/08/2010 17:39:03
409 forum posts
1 photos
Hi Tessa

Count me in, how many people are now interested?  Fantastic idea thank you for setting it up

Jackie
Sally-Ann25/08/2010 19:14:35
70 forum posts
25 photos
Oooo this sounds fun

please may I join in?

Thanks

Sally
Tessa25/08/2010 19:19:18
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Wow...at the moment....I have 14 interested ladies....this should be fun....

Tessa
pamela jeffrey25/08/2010 19:34:33
3192 forum posts
114 photos
Hello Tessa

I have been reading about these blocks and sounds very good.
When will we start. it will be nice to have project over the winter.
bye Pam
Tessa25/08/2010 19:42:19
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles
Hi Pam....  seeing as there is a nice interest in doing this particular project, I don't think it will be long before we get underway.  Because of the fact that it's not a 'wait and see who signs up' kinda thing we can start when we want. 

I want to put together a little article for the website first just discussing the Underground Railroad and giving the name of the first block at the same time.  I keep running my ideas past Katy to be sure we are on the same track. 

Will let you know when it starts...it will be posted on the website.  Definitely an over the winter project.

Tessa

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues