By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Underground Railroad Sampler

Based on Underground Railroad Quilt Blocks

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Heathorn25/01/2016 18:56:11
365 forum posts
34 photos

Love your quilt Juliet. So kind of Tessa to finish it for you.

Got the book out to have a look and try and feel inspired.

E

Irene B25/01/2016 19:59:24
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Juliet your quilt is lovely and how kind and thoughtful of Tessa to finish it for you xxx

Fiona26/01/2016 10:52:33
3117 forum posts
471 photos

Juliet, your quilt is gorgeous! (And a big thumbs up to Tessa for finishing it for you!)

Rosemary, my version is as yet unfinished too. I was doing it QAYG and added extra blocks to make it up to the superking size I needed. However as we have just changed to a king size bed, I will need to have another think regarding the layout. Maybe I'll even have enough blocks by now??? I hadn't realised it had languished in a chest this long though...

Tessa26/01/2016 12:43:03
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

It would be a thrill to see more of the Underground Railroad quilts finished...

I now have my birdhouse quilt back after being on the bed in Room 6 for 11 years at the bed and breakfast that I used to own with my cousins. So now I have four large quilts that I use on my king size bed...all with very special meanings to them.

Tessa x

Fiona07/02/2018 13:55:31
3117 forum posts
471 photos

Don't faint ladies but I am on the homeward stretch of my monster quilt! In December 2016, I won a bursary prize at one of my quilt groups and am due to do a presentation in March about how I spent my money and what I have learnt. I was full of ideas at the time and it really gave my quilting mojo a huge boost. However, just a few months later I found myself seriously ill again and sewing crawled to a halt, although I did manage some baby quilts. So I decided to get out my blocks from this project and put them together. As I now have a smaller bed, it meant a bit of complicated maths to resize and rearrange the blocks but it's underway again. At least, all the blocks are quilted!

Eileen Foster07/02/2018 15:41:03
593 forum posts
329 photos

It sounds interesting so I will have a look at the first block before I commit to the whole thing if that is ok?

Jayne07/02/2018 17:33:49
676 forum posts
118 photos

Here is my Underground Railroad Sampler Quilt, not one I did with PP but one that I made last year for a charity raffle.

finished.jpg

pamela jeffrey07/02/2018 18:34:53
3192 forum posts
114 photos

Jayne

Like this

I made a start on mine lent the book to some one short time. Never did get it back

Fiona Would like to see yours once done

Pam

Carol B07/02/2018 19:34:05
3003 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Fiona,

Good to hear you are back into sewing, good luck with the quilt, look forward to seeing it.

Jayne,

super quilt, I love your colour choice.

Carol B face 23

Jayne07/02/2018 23:00:57
676 forum posts
118 photos

Thank you Pam and Carol, The colour was for Irish Retriever Rescue, where my fur babies came from, The rescue theme seemed to work for puppy farm dogs just as much for the slave route.

Jayne x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Janome
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues